explo

JinkoSolar (JKS)

2,791 posts in this topic

Arghhh...I sold a very large chunk of JKS to "rebalance", and put it into SOL. Lets hope that "undervalued" little brother to JKS (literally) finally takes off!

(excuse the pun) http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=234421&p=irol-newsArticle_Print&ID=1786640&highlight= I quite like Jinko and Yingli's product offering and am a bit puzzled about their substantial resignation from the international markets competition to focus so much on the domestic market (being world's biggest Yingli still has significant international footprint though). In my understanding supplying utility segment in China cannot help margins, since you would have to bid very low on your module pricing, right? JASO and TSL are also increasingly committing to supply China. I'm I missing something? What's the board's take on this? Obviously with China being biggest installer now, that's going to soak up a lot of the supply to ease the competition on international markets. I'm just a bit surprised about which names took the easy utilization road here..

Yes, you missed the train lol. They installed 200mw in China in H2 2012 and asp in those quarters was about on par with csiq I think, remember they save on shipping costs domestically, 2c or something. Btw China is the biggest market globally in 2013, Jinko has a very strong position there.

Yes, you missed the train lol.

Not really. I went almost all-in in JKS @ 2.19, but now I don't think the relative valuation is as attractive anymore. A lot of things are attractive, but not the change in stock price and geographic footprint. So you are saying that sales in China a la Jinko will have ASP on par with CSIQ sales in Canada, Japan and US? I've assumed the opposite and that we'll see that trend when Q4 is reported. Opex are saved by shipping to China, but I still have a hard time seeing it as an advantage over international shipment (I can see why it can be an advantage to no shipments and idle capacity). An valid explanation would be that ASP diff between China and other markets will narrow. This is a possibility. What does the board think? Understanding this is quite critical for picking the right names here, since some are very China exposed.