explo

JinkoSolar (JKS)

2,791 posts in this topic

JinkoSolar Unveils World's First Double 85 Certified PID Free Solar Module

SHANGHAI, Jan. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. ("JinkoSolar" or the "Company") (NYSE: JKS), a leading global solar power product manufacturer, today unveiled its new series of "Eagle" solar modules. The Eagle series modules represent a new standard for high performance and reliability and are the world's first potential induced degradation ("PID") free modules to be certified under weather conditions of 85 Degrees Celsius 85% relative humidity.

The Eagle series modules feature JinkoSolar's innovative cell and assembly technology which enables it to resist PID under the toughest weather conditions and are of reaching 260 Watts peak power output; a record for commercially available mass-produced modules.

</iframe>"With the introduction of our Eagle series solar modules, JinkoSolar is leading the way in the adoption of new industry standards with PID free modules in mass production," said CEO Kangping Chen. "In response to the increasing demand by our customers and partners, JinkoSolar was able to rapidly develop PID free modules to reduce the risk involved and guarantee the greatest return on investments. As such, we are demonstrating JinkoSolar's commitment to consistently delivering the most reliable solar technology and the best quality products on the market."

About JinkoSolar

JinkoSolar Holding Co., Ltd. (NYSE: JKS) is a leading solar power product manufacturer with production operations in Jiangxi and Zhejiang Provinces in China and sales and marketing offices in Shanghai and Beijing China; Munich, Germany; Bologna, Italy;Montpellier, France; Zug, Switzerland; San Francisco, U.S.; Queensland, Australia;Ontario, Canada and Singapore.

JinkoSolar has built a vertically integrated solar product value chain with an integrated annual capacity of approximately 1.2 GW each for silicon wafers, solar cells and solar modules as of September30, 2012. JinkoSolar distributes its photovoltaic products to a diversified customer base in the global PV market, including in Germany, Italy, Belgium,Spain, the United States, France, Eastern Europe, China, India and other countries and regions.

http://www.morningstar.com/advisor/t/69880668/jinkosolar-unveils-world-s-first-double-85-certified-pid-free-solar-module.htm

I hope they (big players chasing market-share) try to expand capacity through consolidation this time. Bargains will likely be better 1H than 2H of 2013.

My first post! I like the way Jinko was earlier than some of the others with the intention to expand downstream to projects. They seem to be looking for long term sustainable growth. I was wondering if their new bond sale was to finance some of these projects

welcome in! I am thinking more of the working capital but certainly to a degree some of it was used for financing. When you say new, you mean two quarters or so ago?

Thanks for the reply. I'm just going from a post on the yahoo jks board by mrsetion about new 800 yaun 6 year bond issue. I have seen no other links or reporting of this yet so I take it with a grain of salt. I have 10k shares of jks. Its my only solar holding. I 've accumulated over the past 16 months averaged around 6 dollars cost.

Thanks Odyd12. Thats probably where this is comming from. I remember reading your article before and I considered it was just jinko attempting to restructure their debt for better long term rates as well as raising some additional capital. Its possible they are waiting for better solar outlook to get the bond sales to go the way they want. Maybe thats why we haven't heard anything yet. Thus the confusion I had.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just going from a post on the yahoo jks board by mrsetion about new 800 yaun 6 year bond issue. I have seen no other links or reporting of this yet so I take it with a grain of salt. I have 10k shares of jks. Its my only solar holding. I 've accumulated over the past 16 months averaged around 6 dollars cost.

Here it is: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jinkosolar-announces-issuance-six-bonds-090000482.html Interest rate is 9%. Prior bonds financing has been cheaper for JKS if I remember correctly.