Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Beyond Solar

Hi there, I know that we have members with recommendations. Please simply create new topics with the stock ticker and do a bit of investment thesis.

I do want to separate those from each other as I wish to check 

a. popularity

b. reputation

c. easy navigation

New topics will be moderated but replies are not. I guess I reserve the right to publish only good quality posts.

Thanks

Why silver miners: Silver and gold are beaten down. At some point  reduction in silver miniing will reach a critical supply and demand point. This is going to raise the price of siver. Not only that, the supply of money by the fed will eventually give rise to inflation. It is just a question of time when money gets the velocity.

I prefer silver over gold due to industrial value.

My favourites : AG,EXK,and and SVLC (increasing order of risk and reward)

Why these 3 : This article echoes my views of these 3, hence no need to explain again.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1750502-why-the-price-of-silver-will-recover-and-how-to-play-the-rebound?source=yahoo

Risks :  Silver and gold have been in a beer market for a last couple of years.  Hard to predict how long this can continue. Inflation did not rise as much as was expected and hence the precious metals fell. Reason has been the velocity of money.  Patience could be tested. Only  companies with strong balance sheet may survive.

I used to invest in exploration start ups a lot. What is the margin growth these days.  Gold was trading at $200 per ounce.  GM should be high and that would fuel more search for new mines. All time favor was Kinross and Goldcorp.

Guest CrouchingTiger

Saush11, thanks much for the post. I am fully invested in solars right now but one area I am looking for diversification is gold/silver once CN solars' PPS is normalized. I am a regular reader of Zero Hedge and to a degree, do believe the inflation thesis in the long run. Silver and gold are ways to protect and benefit from the potential run-away inflation. Any thoughts?

Guest iwcwatch

As mentioned in my signature, rich combo : DANG + SOL (solar)

E-Commerce bubble is coming. The market is getting bigger and bigger.

Alibaba is going to IPO in US, which can catalyse the bubble big again.

DANG quarterly result is improving and will turn positive at Q1 2014. The EPS is getting better every quarterly. Still quiet in the market.

Share to the bros in this PAID forum. Just 2 cents. Good luck. :cool:

I've been accumulating Silver Wheaton Jan 2015 calls. Silver Wheaton has royalty stream revenue from a wide variety of sources.  The calls were at a low premium though the premium has jumped quite a lot lately. SLW are well placed if the there is a rebound in Ag prices and meanwhile they are well financed and still were profitable in Q2 (20c/sh). I've also been accumulating Franco Nevada A warrants that expire in 2017. They are well out of the money now. FNV have mainly gold royalty streams. With both these companies an increase in the underlying commodity goes almost straight to the bottom line. I see these as hedges but remember that if we end up with severe deflation, as in 2008, and as could happen again if the Tea Party crazies prevail, au and ag prices are likely to drop further and the stocks with them. So with both of these be prepared for a lot of volatility.

Virginia Mines, VGQ on the TSE, is a small  company with a royalty stream due to start in late '14 from a major mine being built in Quebec by Goldcorp. In effect it is another long call on au with a capable exploration team kicker. My guess is that the royalty will eventually be spun off.  VGQ has been surprisingly stable even through the  downturn of the last year.

There are many small exploration companies with what will eventually be mineable deposits that have invested more in proving up their orebodies than their current market cap and they look tempting. But given the difficulty for juniors in raising capital to keep going I'm mostly staying away from them until financing becomes less dilutive. One intersting one is Midas Gold with a major deposit in Idaho. Teck Cominico did their last financing and have 9% of the company.

• Upvote 1

Saush11, thanks much for the post. I am fully invested in solars right now but one area I am looking for diversification is gold/silver once CN solars' PPS is normalized. I am a regular reader of Zero Hedge and to a degree, do believe the inflation thesis in the long run. Silver and gold are ways to protect and benefit from the potential run-away inflation. Any thoughts?

Crouch,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Really got caught into something else.  My view on inflation - its when and not if.  Fed money is sitting  in the  banks improving their balance sheet.  At some point they will start taking risk and start lending and that will increase the velocity of money.

Also, I am of the view that fed's ability to taper is limited. 

Guest CrouchingTiger

Crouch,

Sorry for the delayed reply. Really got caught into something else.  My view on inflation - its when and not if.  Fed money is sitting  in the  banks improving their balance sheet.  At some point they will start taking risk and start lending and that will increase the velocity of money.

Also, I am of the view that fed's ability to taper is limited. 

Saush11, thanks for note. I agree that Fed has no choice but to print. A little market correction would make it pee in its pants. Who wants to make the hard choice? With that, we will have inflation sooner or later. But this suit us well, I think. Printing money is great for the market and for solars. We need a stability of overall market for solars to flurish. Then we can diversify and protect ourselves.

Guest Xeloris

Although this isn't as exciting as solar's.. Its up 8% today  to 12.55.. Shorts at 50% short interest are getting killed

everyone is talking about it what is the deal and why?