Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Beyond Solar

dydo    1,391

I have decided open up this forum, to tap into a wealth of experience from members of this forum toward other areas of the investment spectrum. This forum will be moderated, therefore do not expect your new topics immediately show here. Repplies will not be moderated.

Thanks and enjoy

Guest jocksolar   
Guest jocksolar

Very interesting idea, Odyd. If the quality of commentary on other sectors matches that on the solar sector on this forum, it could offer some really interesting thoughts. I would start by recommending Japan as a very interesting region to be looking at right now, specifically retailers (department stores are large and transparent) and banks (loan volumes and MV generally is about to accelerate sharply). I worked in the market for 10 years and the lengths to which the government and BoJ are going to stimulate activity coupled with the valuations across there is as close to risk-free money as you can get...

Guest Xeloris   
Guest Xeloris

I Agree,  Recently I've diversified some outside of Solar after my TSL Trade,  However still 80%+ in solar.

dydo    1,391

Hi Jock,

Excellent, I think it would be important to have specific ideas and names. We need to be also aware of access to exchanges.  I think for most NA exchanges would be the best, but I think we have an international forum, thus this should not be a limiting factor.

I hope for quality here. I am also interested in person to be a willing moderator of this thread. I wish for quality, but I will not have time to put ample of time to moderate this thread, to give justice to those efforts. So if anyone is wanting to do this, approval of new topics etc. it will be great.

For example,TESLA would be a stock someone could recommend. I would hope to see full fundamental pros and cons if they are any, price targets etc. Post like "guys get into XYZ is awesome" are below standards of this forum. 

dydo    1,391

For now submit your recs and I will work to moderate.

Guest Xeloris   
Guest Xeloris

EBIX - 52 week range 8.21-23.27, short interest 50+%, Current stock price 11.30, Ebix, Inc. provides software and e-commerce solutions to the insurance industry.

What caught my attention to ebix? Cash Flow Statement, this company been making money hand over fist, most of which is re-occuring revenue. They are at about 20% free cashflow. They are in the international insurance exchange, health insurance primarily, as regulations change thats more $$$$. GS offered to buy them back in july at ~20$ a share, this deal fell through for undocumented reasons. However multiple shareholder lawsuits went out as the thought was this truly undervalued the company at negotiated price.

What caused ebix to crash?: Short Sellers, Specifically one has written multiple “research” documents stating that ebix is committing fraud, money laundrying and now tax evasion etc. The story changes every 3 months causing another massive drop in stock price. I've been lucky to load up on many shares at ~10$ range.

For some history on the attacks:

http://cgfocuslist.com/?p=85

Please go to Gotham City research the website, they only have 3 articles - all negative on EBIX and they disclosure they are short the stock. 

http://gothamcityresearch.com/

The website is rather new being created just February this year

I did some research - Their location is a UPS Store:

14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260

Their website looks like a wordpress blog, also when most journalist write something they like to put their name on it. Why do these articles not have the persons name who wrote it? They hide behind the name Gotham City and publish articles on SA.

http://www.whois.com/whois/gothamcityresearch.com

Reasons for appreciation? - 100 Mil authorized buyback over 24 months(1/4th of current market cap), p/e of 6, massive free cashflow.. this company makes money.. I give a price target of about 50$ a share in 3 years with the buybacks continued growth and removal of these acquisitions.. I currently 10% of my portfolio is invested in this company

Portfolio:

CASH 20%, TSL 20%, CSIQ 15%, EBIX, 10%, BAC 10% (Only invested because best investment option available in 401k being employed by Merrill Lynch) JASO 10%, SAN ~8%, JKS 5%, SOL5%, JCP 3%

Guest spiritcraft   
Guest spiritcraft

EBIX - 52 week range 8.21-23.27, short interest 50+%, Current stock price 11.30, Ebix, Inc. provides software and e-commerce solutions to the insurance industry.
  A further boon due to Obamacare?

Guest solar123   
Guest solar123

Xeloris, what it your PT and time frame for your EBIX trade?

Thanks.

This forum is an excellent idea.

I make 2-3 "earnings" plays a week, yesterday was WGO and the day before was ABT and YHOO.

I , "plan" on making 1-2% off each trade (hoping for 3-5+ % gain/week) and get lucky when I get a 7% hit like WGO this morning and a 5% hit with ABT. I am usually out in the first 30-60mins of trading. On YHOO, I lost 2%, as I held it for too long.

Either way, with all of the information available out there, I amalgamate all of the earnings chatter (like my own "rotten tomatoes" for stocks) and pick what looks like it will have a slight gain. I try to stick with "well known" stocks with a market cap over 1B (WGO was below). In the case of WGO, my company produces products for the automotive industry and it is in such a boom, earnings were a given.

I won't be posting any ideas here, as they are not sophisticated enough for all of the technical investors here. I am looking at LVS later today, yet might back off.

I try to have 20% of my portfolio in cash to be able to execute these trades. And yes, I take a lot of hits, mostly small, yet each week has been up since I started this a few months ago.

GLTA

dydo    1,391

Please start posting individual topics instead following this thread, this is intro thread and will be closed for time being, so proper way of introduction of topics will take place.

dydo    1,391

Hi there again, please take the look at this format. You present your tip like Xeloris did in a form of he new Topic. Stock symbol etc. Small thesis.

Members can vote by using reputation buttons as good or bad idea. New members can see the reputation, and you have trusted recommendations etc, you get the idea.