Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Beyond Solar

Guest sleepyhead

I agree with Norse on this one. It might not be the biggest in 10 years, it might take 12 years or 15 years. But it will be eventually.

cls180 - consider cashing in your puts while you are ahead. I am certain that they are producing more cars than before by 10% and will grow a lot quicker from here. They are going to beat analyst consensus by a good margin and that stock is going to go up 20% after earnings on Nov. 5.

I have done a lot of research on TSLA, and it is not a good short candidate. Unless there is a big global or US recession, I am fairly confident that any J15 puts you buy are going to expire worthless; even the deep ITM puts.

edit: TSLA gross margin excl. ZEV credits went from -4% to 5% to 13% in the last 3 quarters. They are going to do 22% gross margin this quarter and the market is going to flip out. If you want to make money in TSLA you should be buying calls and not puts at these levels.

Tesla will always be a niche market in that very few people will ever be able to afford their cars. The technology IS superior but unless they can sell a model for $20k profitably, it won't be the largest manufacturer in the world.

Guest Rice

Tesla will always be a niche market in that very few people will ever be able to afford their cars. The technology IS superior but unless they can sell a model for $20k profitably, it won't be the largest manufacturer in the world.

That's what the wagon/buggy companies told Henry Ford over 100 years ago. Do not underestimate the power of economies of scale.

I root for TSLA to hit $200+ before the year-end. The time for electric cars has come and will dominate the auto industry faster than most people can imagine, IMHO.

Guest redsolar

Electric cars and PV Solar ..are match made in heaven.

Tesla is planning to release affordable cars next year. This is only ..just the beginning.

Guest sleepyhead

Don't kid yourself....

This is a $1000 stock.

Yes it is. It will happen within this decade too.

What people don't understand is that Tesla is going to release a $35k car in just 3-4 years that will compete with the BMW 3-series as far as performance goes, but will be a lot better. It will compete on price with a Camry, because you save a lot of money on gas and maintenance.

Also, never bet against Elon Musk. I never idolized people before in my life (well maybe Michael Jordan when I was really young), but Elon is my idol.

And last, but not least here is a quote from Google's Larry Page:

"if I were to be hit by a bus today i should leave all my money to Elon Musk."

Guest sleepyhead

If you don't like Tesla, that is ok.

Just please do not short this stock or waste money on long term puts. The only way this stock is going down, barring a black swan event, is in the event of a global recession. In which case you are better off buying puts on the S&P500.

Guest redsolar

Yes it is. It will happen within this decade too.

What people don't understand is that Tesla is going to release a $35k car in just 3-4 years that will compete with the BMW 3-series as far as performance goes, but will be a lot better. It will compete on price with a Camry, because you save a lot of money on gas and maintenance.

Also, never bet against Elon Musk. I never idolized people before in my life (well maybe Michael Jordan when I was really young), but Elon is my idol.

And last, but not least here is a quote from Google's Larry Page:

"if I were to be hit by a bus today i should leave all my money to Elon Musk."

Ya...I love this guy!! Amazing ..showed the world ...how stupid the Auto giants are. The auto giants are grinding the same thing for decades!