odyd

TerraForm Power, Inc. (TERP)

777 posts in this topic

I think it is both,

Price can be back and the yield even with price up by 50% is relatively good. For me however it would be a trading vehicle.

Problem here is the association and piling lawsuits. SUNE's collapse will pull the TERP's skirt with it, better prices could be seen to enter. Also lingering could be for months when SUNE is being sorted. 

Got even more attractive, but both yieldcos will be under pressure from SUNE. At the end bankruptcy of SUNE could have impacts on lending guarantees and covenants for each of them, so after a thought, I am not considering it. 

I bought a little more TERP.  I do not believe SUNE will be bankrupt within a year--indeed I think there is huge value that is being misunderstood. 

But I am not interested in buying any more SUNE until it stops falling.

Averaging TERP is a lot more logical action than buying SUNE. I am not seeing SUNE in your portfolio, but you say "more"?

I would be interested to see a scenario that SUNE is able recover.

I am pretty sure at this point, it is about recovering assets. Bonds, loans, those things will be taken care of first. This is where SUNE yieldcos could be damaged.

21 minutes ago, odyd said:

Averaging TERP is a lot more logical action than buying SUNE. I am not seeing SUNE in your portfolio, but you say "more"?

I purchased call options on SUNE (Nov. strike price 8 and 8.5) a few weeks ago that are effectively worthless.

I've made a bunch of changes to my portfolio over the past few days and felt their residual/stub value of ~$100 (which probably overstates their actual value) or some small fraction of one percent was not worth showing.

Just saw this. I'm adding here. A bunch of first class PV plants offered on the cheap here. Like odyd said, the BS issues of SUNE does not apply to it's wellcapitalized yieldcos.