dydo

TerraForm Power, Inc. (TERP)

Madison and D.E Shaw bought into TERP leverage turned into equity. Good for the stock.

Sounds like Tepper is in for over 12M in TERP.  Blue Mountain has 9M.

1 hour ago, odyd said:

Madison and D.E Shaw bought into TERP leverage turned into equity. Good for the stock.

What is interesting Madison owns 4.9M shares as part of the convertible $168M note.  The conversion is well over $34, the same applies to D.E Shaw.  4.9M represents 5.8% of shares outstanding.

It hit as cash pending transaction. See it in all brokers I have. Money are available for immediate investment or withdrawal  - this may depend on the account type one has or/and its "value".

7 minutes ago, odyd said:

I see nothing yet, an I alone?

Nothing yet for me too.

The transaction takes place today, and I cannot see today, tha t is why.

It looks like they can have more debt to support their assets. 20% more to be exact. It shows that Barclays is good to lend

Just noticed that short interest in TERP doubled over last two weeks of November--from 6.7M to 14.8M

Perhaps this explains a bit of the price craziness there.

Dividend question.

Dividend for TERP hit as RCP in description (whatever that means) instead of "dividend". This cash amount was available for immediate withdrawal/investment.  But what they have done is to adjust down (by total dividend amount) cost basis of each position still open or closed after ex-dividend date. Does it mean I will be taxed twice on this amount - once on cash they put into my account and second time when I sell positions cost basis of which were adjusted down?

GLBL has as "dividend" in description and no cost adjustment took place. Anyone knows?

Got my TERP dividend yesterday together with GLBL, ABY and NYLD. Sweet yields.

Explo, were your cost basis for TERP that you bought before ex-dividend date (11/27/2015) both still held or sold, reduced by .35 per share too? I know all US (even though no one replied) accounts are. This dividend was reported as RCP (reduction of cash position, or "initial" investment of .35 per share). What is still unknown to me if this RCP is taxable in US. I know it's reportable to IRS and if taxed it's a double taxation as gain is increased form actual gain by .35 per share by reducing cost basis by .35 per share. It will repeat with each payout.