dydo

TerraForm Power, Inc. (TERP)

8 minutes ago, Paybak66 said:

Amazing that a letter (from Tepper at Appaloosa) helped todays spike. (And the upgrade).

Maybe not the letter itself, but that an activist (or rather champion to challenge a clingy parent on its death bed to release its great kid) presented itself. The shareholder crowd is cheering their new champion today.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, explo said:

Maybe not the letter itself, but that an activist (or rather champion to challenge a clingy parent on its death bed to release its great kid) presented itself. The shareholder crowd is cheering their new champion today.

And the short squeeze?

3 minutes ago, Jetmoney said:

And the short squeeze?

Yes the shorts are usually quick to jump ship, adding fuel to the surge.

51 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

Tepper has a massive 9.25%, 7.4M shares stake in TERP as per today's fillings. Something tells me that my re-buy levels are unlikely to be reached.

Do you by chance know what his cost average is on his shares? What were your rebuy levels if I may ask? Thanks.

class has not been certified, I am not sure how one can claim that TERP was fraudulent or SUNE for that matter, but those are fishing probes, I doubt they get enough people to certify it. 

SUNE dealing with Vivint is a compromise, but it is good enough to reconsider SUNE. There are too many known names building bridges to finance this. Money is pouring again. Fat times are ahead of us.

I would not go SUNE, but those who are holding TERP and GLBL should get their "money-double".

This is the basis of the claim

You would have to be a proverbial idiot to claim that SUNE did not have losses or they were hidden. This whole claim reads like a joke. Considering that SUNE just sold $597M worth of solar plants to GLBL makes this claim really weak. I like the "truth was revealed" part the most. I guess the hope is that illiterate is one to lose the most.  Behold the beauty of legal argument at its best.

"According to the complaint, the Company failed to disclose that the TerraForm Global IPO sponsor, SunEdison, was experiencing tremendous losses and debt problems. These financial issues impaired its ability to develop projects to sell to TerraForm Global, rendering the projected growth plans for SunEdison and TerraForm Global unsustainable. When the truth was revealed, shares dropped causing investors harm. "

This is the basis of the claim

You would have to be a proverbial idiot to claim that SUNE did not have losses or they were hidden. This whole claim reads like a joke. Considering that SUNE just sold $597M worth of solar plants to GLBL makes this claim really weak. I like the "truth was revealed" part the most. I guess the hope is that illiterate is one to lose the most.  Behold the beauty of legal argument at its best.

"According to the complaint, the Company failed to disclose that the TerraForm Global IPO sponsor, SunEdison, was experiencing tremendous losses and debt problems. These financial issues impaired its ability to develop projects to sell to TerraForm Global, rendering the projected growth plans for SunEdison and TerraForm Global unsustainable. When the truth was revealed, shares dropped causing investors harm. "

Agreed. The "logic" here is insane.

Yes i read that before and had a good laugh. How can they claim that publically diclosed information was not disclosed and then revealed? Reading the publically available information that shows SUNE is making big losses after the stock tanks (or some media referring to it) is not the same as the information was disclosed first after the stock tanked. Lawyers..

Interesting, I noticed TERP is sharing number four spot with JASO in the portfolio. Of course only few people have decided to show what they own.

4 hours ago, odyd said:

Interesting, I noticed TERP is sharing number four spot with JASO in the portfolio. Of course only few people have decided to show what they own.

Yes, it looks like TERP is the most popular non-CN4 stock. Board likes bargains. 

5 hours ago, explo said:

Yes, it looks like TERP is the most popular non-CN4 stock. Board likes bargains. 

Conclusive statement our group stays involved with events and looks outside of the box called Chinese Solar. Fact that many people got hurt by FSLR while negative also adds to this point. One of the commonly used arguments against the forum was our apparent conservative approach to hold to specific stocks. No sir.

Once again we are ahead of any forum in my opinion, and we stood still when SUNE was hitting high notes, and we were advising people to stay away in many situations. 

• Upvote 1

On the note of above, Can everyone update the portfolio on the right side?. It is very simple to do anyone can do it, but guests.

Showing your stock interest is going to help other members. There is a very strong message in those figures.

Also adding to value of portfolio will create a very good ability to show strength of this forum in those equities.

5 hours ago, explo said:

Conclusive statement our group stays involved with events and looks outside of the box called Chinese Solar. Fact that many people got hurt by FSLR while negative also adds to this point. One of the commonly used arguments against the forum was our apparent conservative approach to hold to specific stocks. No sir.

Once again we are ahead of any forum in my opinion, and we stood still when SUNE was hitting high notes, and we were advising people to stay away in many situations. 

I very much agree.

I commend you also, Odyd for your occassional posts to "be cautious" when considering buying certain stocks.

You warned that it might take a while before TERP got market respect (although they caught on pretty quick), and you continue to warn against SUNE.

I appreciate the care you seem to have for the members financial well-being, and investment success.

Thanks

• Upvote 1