dydo

TerraForm Power, Inc. (TERP)

He wants what we all want. I hope that Renova cancellation will pave the move for Vivint.

8 minutes ago, explo said:

18% now. Something's fueling the chase for sure. Everybody on-board?

Explo, Terp looks like it wants to rip today.  What price would you start selling the rip?

4 minutes ago, Jetmoney said:

Explo, Terp looks like it wants to rip today.  What price would you start selling the rip?

I was looking for 7.90's to start selling some. It looks like it might hit that today.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, explo said:

18% now. Something's fueling the chase for sure. Everybody on-board?

Uh yeah!!  everybody on-board, belts fastened !!

It seems the knife has landed, now the rebound begins.

THANKS A LOT Odyd and Explo for putting things in their right perspective, I'd never bitten on TERP without your insight and analysis.

25 minutes ago, explo said:

I was looking for 7.90's to start selling some. It looks like it might hit that today.

Do not understand why? Did you not start your position significantly higher so you saw value much higher, right?

• Upvote 1

Nice call on TERP Odyd and Explo.  I am unsure exactly what caused it, doubtful that this big of a move is from a letter.  Either way....I'll take it

1 hour ago, pg6solar said:

Do not understand why? Did you not start your position significantly higher so you saw value much higher, right?

I have a scheme. Buy on the way down. Sell on the way up. I don't try to hit bottoms and peaks, but to feed on swings. TERP has been doing a good job for me. I'm just executing my FARS (Frequent Aggressive Rebalancing Strategy).

12 minutes ago, odyd said:

Why sell on the shareholders of record day?

I think SEC's rule is that since someone must recieve the dividend, seller will recieve it even if sold on or after ex-dividend date, not the buyer.

Why sell on the shareholders of record day?

So, pls remind me, do buyers today qualify for the dividend, or has that date passed?

It is my understanding that a buyer no longer qualifies for the dividend that is going out in 2 weeks

"If you purchase a stock on its ex-dividend date or after, you will not receive the next dividend payment. Instead, the seller gets the dividend. If you purchase before the ex-dividend date, you get the dividend."

http://www.sec.gov/answers/dividen.htm

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, disdaniel said:

It is my understanding that a buyer no longer qualifies for the dividend that is going out in 2 weeks

"If you purchase a stock on its ex-dividend date or after, you will not receive the next dividend payment. Instead, the seller gets the dividend. If you purchase before the ex-dividend date, you get the dividend."

http://www.sec.gov/answers/dividen.htm

That is what I said. As long as one bought TERP by 25th the latest (26th was a holiday) one qualifies for dividend. No need to wait for settlements, etc.