Sign in to follow this  
dydo

CEDR Posts

Please do not post data from January. Someone can buy Feb but not January. Sorry for this but unfortunately this must be the case.

I'm surprised to only see SOL and TSL of the top names shipping as much as they can to Europe the last month before registration (March 5). Europe exports should crash in March. I expect US, Japan and India to get a lot of shipments instead.

I talked to one of the executives yesterday and I was told Trina and Yingli have secured 500MW contract with Jabil in Poland. I consider this person a fairly well-informed. He is an exec for another US-listed.

I talked to one of the executives yesterday and I was told Trina and Yingli have secured 500MW contract with Jabil in Poland. I consider this person a fairly well-informed. He is an exec for another US-listed.

Wow that's great news.... Where would those be Installed? Can't just be Poland?

Sorry manufacturing outsource for EU tariffs.

Is that 500 MW combined or separate? Well looks like they are following SOL who has already secured 400 MW of outsourcing. I contacted SOL regarding estimated outsourcing costs so I could compare them to ASP rise to see where margins fall. They told me once there is a formal announcement they would provide full details as to outsourcing costs. I still find it hard to believe that Europe would impose any penalties harsher than US which have had little effect on exports to US as you can see by export dats which is growing

I am not sure, the plant is only 400MW, which to me seem like combined. Since like everything in EU will be under the tariff, companies will buy manufacturing in Europe and sell under their own name. Costs could be a lot higher. I think this is why outcome of tariffs will show next move, based on %

Ok so Jan-March marks Q1 results. SOL shipped 100 MW in February without including domestic shipments to china. That puts them run rate of 300MW without china shipments and at very high end of guidance. In CC they mentioned they were seeing china surge to close to 50% of shipments. If this trend continued they could have almost hit all of q1 guidance in first 2 months of year. If march is even just decent they could ship nearly 400 MW and blow away guidance. I think they sandbagged Q1... TSL and YGE also look like they could beat big