Sign in to follow this  
dydo

ReneSola (SOL)

Hi Peace glad you made it here. Looking for your posts with interest.

According to Digitimes ReneSola has 1.8GW of multi and 700MW (?) of mono capacity in wafers, the statement about production capacity needed for Q4 therefore makes more sense now. this is the fragment of about another wafer maker

"China-based

firm, Xi'an Longi Silicon, also participated at PV Taiwan 2012. The firm

currently has annual mono-crystalline solar wafer capacity of 1.5GW with 10%

N-type mono-crystalline and 90% on P-type products. The firm aims to lower

production costs of mono-crystalline solar wafers to US$0.99/unit and

efficiency to 19.5%."

We mentioned them in the article as selling mono wafers at $1.05 to Korea

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20121005PD214.html A quite positive report. Some points: * Furnaces will be configured to focus on the more cost effective Vitrus II rather than Virtus I * multi capacity up 12.5%. this can be explained by increases in conversion efficiency together with some yield improvements. * mono capacity up 75%. must be significant yield improvement since they will not do mono casting according to first point * monthly ships 150 mw wafers now in addition to the 50 mw module shipments, i.e. a 600 mw quarterly shipment rate. Smart of them to intensify partnership with Taiwanese cell makers. GCL want to do the same, but their tight partnership with their mainland competitors might be an issue. I remember about a year ago when I stayed at Grand Hyatt in Taipei, both GCL and SOL had exhibitions at the hotel. I think it was promotions of quasi mono at that time. It was a signal to me about the importance of recognition in Taiwan for especially these two companies.

* mono capacity up 75%. must be significant yield improvement since they will not do mono casting according to first point

Could be related to more efficient diamond wire cutting as mentioned in the article. Thinner wafers, less kerf loss, better surface for high cell efficiency all adds to more watts per ingot.

can be found on yahoo for Virtus II modules and cells. Taiwanese made

I read run-rate corresponding to 1200 MW modules per year, i.e. 300 MW per Q Cell run-rate is 75 MW per Q

Hi explo, I am going to take a fine-tooth comb to your questions and see if can make for the format. If you have anything else let me know. I got connected and they are interested,