Sign in to follow this  
dydo

ReneSola (SOL)

Guest larryvand

This is the 3rd week in a row that poly and wafers are showing a green uptick with 2nd grade poly showing a +5.33% weekly rise and getting to within 15c of high purity poly... http://pvinsights.com/

Guest larryvand

Wafer spot prices up again for the 4th week in a row. Should be an easy double from these levels in the very near term IMO.

Guest larryvand

The move is just beginning....

100% agree. Q1'13 will have 2 additional massive benefits for SOL. #1 - the lowest cost poly and #2 - higher spot poly and wafer prices. SOL could be posting in Q1 and Q2 some of the highest margins of the solar industry.

Guest Boss

I have a price target of $10-$14 in the next 18 month. If ASP's go up to $0.7 -$0.75 . SOL could earn up to $1.4 at $0.75 ASPs. Keep holding.

Guest singular

I am very excited, but a little nervous. SOL is my only solar play and I have been acumulating it while price was low. I know those of us who unfortunately rode it down from a few years ago will be very happy to finally reap the rewards if things work out this time around.

Guest Boss

Larry i do not go by charts. I buy when I see ASP are stable or can go up. If ASPs going down again i will sell.

Guest spiritcraft

I liquidated a buffalo funds account and plan to make a SOL buy when it transfers... unless it skyrockets in the next few days. More solar exposure... damn the torpedoes.

Agree with several others on this board.... SOL is best play with very high quality modules and very low processing costs.... Watch for UBS report to drop this week.... Solars will explode

Guest larryvand

Boss, believe it or not, chart TA reflect exactly the industry with all its ASP up and downs.

SOL huge intraday reversal to upside on volume... Not sure if you guys follow intraday action close but last several days every time it dips a huge bid swoops up shares between 2.02 and 2.10.... someone is accumulating big time and I'm betting it's getting ready for a monster move.... Wouldn't surprise me if it's UBS

Guest eysteinh
http://www.displaysearchblog.com/2012/05/how-low-can-polysilicon-go/ "In its May 11 Q1’12 earnings release, ReneSola indicated that in-house fully-loaded polysilicon manufacturing costs had been reduced to $30/Kg and are expected to fall to $25/Kg ($18/Kg cash costs) by the end of Q2’12. The company’s Phase II facility is projected to have total costs less than $20/Kg when ramped up in the second half of this year. ReneSola has also indicated that it possess proprietary technology capable of enabling $10/Kg polysilicon in the future." Can anyone confirm this?

Can you make sure you post company specific info under the company's thread? I will move this one over but let's make sure proper thread receives the post.

http://www.displaysearchblog.com/2012/05/how-low-can-polysilicon-go/ "In its May 11 Q1’12 earnings release, ReneSola indicated that in-house fully-loaded polysilicon manufacturing costs had been reduced to $30/Kg and are expected to fall to $25/Kg ($18/Kg cash costs) by the end of Q2’12. The company’s Phase II facility is projected to have total costs less than $20/Kg when ramped up in the second half of this year. ReneSola has also indicated that it possess proprietary technology capable of enabling $10/Kg polysilicon in the future." Can anyone confirm this?

I haven't heard the 10 $/kg, but the phase II cost target is outdated. They improved the target every quarter past 4 quarters. Latest target is $18 total, which would mean $16 for phase II. In last quarter they reported major improvement that would cut electricity price with 40%, enabling the $18 total, including $5 depreciation, but not including SG&A. The 10 $/kg sounds strange and it would be valuable to get confirmation on whether that's correct or false.

Another thing that would be interesting to know about is the background to the gross margin chart on their blog entry today: http://info.renesola.com/ The chart suggests SOL will outperform on gross margin in the future.

Guest Klothilde

The chart suggests SOL will outperform on gross margin in the future.

No idea where the chart comes from and what quality the underlying analysis has (There is lot of crap out there). However it seems intuitive to me that SOL will reap higher GMs since a big chunk of the business is poly manufacturing and they seem to have a good cost position in it. On the other hand I don't agree with the GM premium for Trina on the chart, thus I question the quality of the analysis altogether.