Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Daqo (DQ)

Ok.  Just dipped my toe in DQ at 43.45

OK.  Take a dollar profit and wait for another dip.

Oh no.  PVinsights and energytrend gave me vibes that poly was bottoming out.  But sunsirs shows a new slump today.  Is demand starting to pick up ahead of the June 30th dealine or is it still too soon to tell?  Whatcha yall think?

20 hours ago, Mark said:

Seems like they should have completed the secondary offering today.  

Yes, and the price is near the offering price.  The question is, can we recapture that earlier momentum that was taking is up over 60?  Or are we going to be capped at 55 for a while?

Hard to say.  As you say, this is DQ.  Before the placement announcement, the stock had serious momentum, moving from the mid-40s to the low 60s.  Volume was average, though, so it sounds like someone wanted in and did so slowly and steadily over a period of days.  If that buyer hadn't finished building his position yet and is still out there, we could resume our climb fairly shortly.  But if they're done, I think we hover here, between 50-55, until earnings.  If they earn another 3 bucks a share this quarter (and remember they said last quarter this year is already largely booked out, so this is quite possible), I think we go to 70.  If it's only 2 bucks, we stay in the 40-60 range, subject to the vagaries of whatever news drives the markets on any given day.