Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Quarterly Estimates

I see $150M added to the liability in the balance sheet but no mentioning of issuance cost in the Q1 income statement.

Re ASP, they state average at 64c, and claim US is higher

"Module average selling price increased during the first quarter to US$0.64. We expect ASP in 2014 to remain stabilized. Regions such as Europe and the U.S. have higher ASP to the European Commission's agreement for a minimum selling place for Chinese modules at 53 euro cents per watt and the USA due to the barrier set by tariffs. "

CEDR had 64c GADP, but had sub 60c for US. How do we account for this discrepancy? Could it be under invoicing as eysteinh stated earlier?

I think odyd mentioned before about lower declared value for inventory buildup and/or less tariff due to lower price??? I was a bit concerned but not convinced about JKS selling substantially lower in US since other sources have been saying higher prices due to tariffs.

The one thing is to understand the impact of other component sales. I think their ASP went down, but cannot be proven without pricing for other product.

I will study this over the weekend. I will provide an exclusive overview of CN4 (CSIQ, JKS, TSL and JASO)  on CEDR data and what can we learn from it.,

I am not 100% happy that my buys on JKS did not trigger, but I am happy JKS had lost nothing compared to CSIQ. This is relatively good sign for the entire group.

They collected some (not much) retainage this quarter which is a new thing together with leased equipment for significant capacity.

Someone needs to tell Eystein they made 0.20 cents in non-GAAP. You cannot simply remove all financial aspects, to create fictional earnings.