Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Quarterly Estimates

BTW in this set of forums members can speak about the price. At least I am sure they do not have fantasy portfolios to buy CEDR.

I am setting orders at $23 for CSIQ and $22.5 for JKS

I was also right in the CB. They hedged their currency and it flipped over on them. I am not sure how much they hedged in a past, but this is a massive mishap.

They did account for both old and new CBs, not like CSIQ who left new CB completely out. Issuance cost was $4.2M. Not sure why they hedged the CB principal for FX purpose. According to the CC, that was where they lost most money due to YMB sudden devaluation.

Their gross profit is $0.7M less than my estimate so GM and ASP must have been fine - Need to check on this more. What did them in for Q1 were (1) $22M FX loss (2) $5M more selling expenses. Without these two items, they could have earned 85 cents. I have to look more to find any other weaknesses. 

Regardless all of it the stock behaves strong in the first 15 mintues.

I am amazed at how strong it is. 2M shares traded already, only down 4%.

Hedgies again? How could the market get so smart today only, to look past an actual loss reported?

This might actually go positive at this rate !

CSIQ did have a cost of CB as well.

I don't recall that I saw it - will check again. But I'm pretty sure they did not include the fair value change.

It seems like some very strong hands were buying all morning, to bring it to unchanged. Retail showed its hand in premarket, down 9%. I'm guessing some fund is building a solar position here.

I would like to add to JKS for long term, but it almost seems help up "artificially" here. What do you guys think? Odyd, did you deploy your funds today?

I agree Scsnospam.

What better way to to accumulate a large position than to take advantage of panic selling at early doors. The share price is les than a percent of yesterdays close. You guys are far more qualified than me at whether the results were any good but there is someone out there that believes their worth a punt, even with a 50% haircut on the estimated eps. Technically, the share is not far off the top of the channel and less than a 100 points off the 200. if it manages to break out over these levels there is a lot of strength behind it and a rally should ensue. End of day should be interesting.

Bit of a head scratcher really.

I don't recall that I saw it - will check again. But I'm pretty sure they did not include the fair value change.

only cost of CB