Guest JulyWebb

SolarCity (SCTY)

57 posts in this topic

Am I the only one here that thinks that SCTY is a bloated pig. They are still losing a lot of money and posted a whopping 47 million in revenue for the quarter. Yet their market cap is over 6 Billion. Am I missing something (other than the fact that they are backed my Musk)?

They are going to change the way of how people get electricity with cheap storage grid. I got in at $20 and i am long. Elon says that TSLA is valued high but he also said SCTY was undervalued and that most people don't get it. I like to be on his team.

Singular I do not prefer heavy growth stocks like these either unless I am 100% sure they are going to make that growth already priced into the stock.

They are going to change the way of how people get electricity with cheap storage grid. I got in at $20 and i am long. Elon says that TSLA is valued high but he also said SCTY was undervalued and that most people don't get it. I like to be on his team.

I listened to 3/4 of the CC. They have smart management. For me the price is to rich but may go even higher, you made a Good Entry.

JulyWebb i am glad you did. There are so many people bashing SCTY without knowing anything about the company. Team Musk are extreme in how they cut expences, and they are very good for the industry.

Am I the only one here that thinks that SCTY is a bloated pig.

No.

They are still losing a lot of money and posted a whopping 47 million in revenue for the quarter.

Yes.

Am I missing something (other than the fact that they are backed my Musk)?

No.

Seriously at first glance I don't get it. They might have something, but what? Musk? A business model? What is their real moat to defend the ridiculous valuation of their revenue?

I don't mean to offend Norse and other who like it, though I think some like the stock for short-term trading rather than long-term investment.

No.

Seriously at first glance I don't get it. They might have something, but what? Musk? A business model? What is their real moat to defend the ridiculous valuation of their revenue?

I don't mean to offend Norse and other who like it, though I think some like the stock for short-term trading rather than long-term investment.

PV is going to change the world as significantly as the PC or the automobile did.  I say let all the winners have a high valuation and more demand for shares than there is supply.    SCTY still does not have a positive EPS estimate for 2015 but say they did make $0.75, that would be a PE of 100.  And if that were fine, I would settle for a PE of 50 for CSIQ and other leaders.  Just saying that in the new PV world, we don't yet know where valuations will be for "perceived leaders".  I think much has to do with Musk but also that they are doing this in the USA where people will begin to see their products in stores, in commercials and start to see rooftop solar being installed for the first time in their lives.  (Here outside of Chicago, I have yet to see a single installation of PV in my lifetime, ever...)  That said, I get where you are coming from as well.

No.

Yes.

No.

I am not offended at all and SCTY is not nearly my biggest holding. I just don't see the point in getting upset when these stocks are flying high. It will benefit the chinese as well. I bet many people here have not researched SCTY or RGSE at all. Musk is going the by far the biggest man in our time of history. His ability to cut costs at SpaceX is pretty significant, and the same is happening with Tesla. SCTY and TSLA will change the world with EVs, Solar and battery storage. When SCTY can get cheap ways for storage Solar will explode and we will all benefit from it. Then there is no reason for using anything else for electricity.

Obviously TSLA, SCTY and CSIQ are my favorites, but because of the valuations I mainly hold other stocks atm.

Thanks Norse, I will not buy any large holding in scty either at current or higher valuation. I just want to be a part of it for a while. I did not time it good (and that is the only thing that offends me), but buys small amounts at several occasions. When even regular people here in Sweden starts talking about Elon Musk, then I know his brand is starting to get quite strong. And maybe then it is to late to buy? :)