Sign in to follow this  
dydo

NRG Yield, Inc. (NYLD)

dydo    1,391
2 hours ago, heliostat said:

Can you share current thinking based on your portfolio allocation heavy PEGI  VS NRG/NYLD , what tips the balance ?

This percentage is not a reflection of investment allocation logic. Accounts available to me and how they break

jasondc    0

NYLD down today on high volume at the end of trading.. down AH as well but only about 2000 shares traded.  Reporting in the morning.  I am considering an entry at some point.  Anyone looking at NYLD presently?  I did not see any news that would explain the drop, perhaps just nervous investors? 

sunnypease    9

Well maybe someone knew something.   loss of 3 cents per share vs estimate 34.   218 vs 264 million  rev.  

dydo    1,391

NYLD reported in line; they gave all the warnings,

The stock has hardly moved from the March 27th, as a reaction to it.  Rest of wind is on a table they have another 300MW of solar coming from Hawaii and Texas in early 2018, $700M in liquidity, and they cost have of NEP.  Yes, not the same dividend level but second best yieldco.

dydo    1,391

I can see NYLD be at about 5 to 5.5% yield or $19.60 $21.50 range. They are doing very well and need to buy best assets from NRG. They are also looking for additional strategic partners as well? Interesting. 

sunnypease    9
6 hours ago, odyd said:

I can see NYLD be at about 5 to 5.5% yield or $19.60 $21.50 range. They are doing very well and need to buy best assets from NRG. They are also looking for additional strategic partners as well? Interesting. 

Thank you Robert for providing this timely information. Right to the point.  

heliostat    2

Is the recent NYLD drop just about market reaction to Q1 results, although seemed in line  or anything else? Have looked but cant find anything obvious? Any info? Any NRG issues?

The sensitivity of tNYLD portfolio returns in the earnings call transcript to wind/curtailment was interesting moving from P25 to P 75 leads to +/- $5m and from memory an average 5% fluctuation in either direction can trigger this, so they need one quarter of +5% to counterbalance the Q1 underperformance , although interestingly the CEO/CFO (forget which) did say annual guidance on track with some potential upside which sounds overall positive. Robert I'm wondering about your take on NRG the parent itself , is it basically coming out of trouble currently?  Thanks Robert for the reminder re NEP record date , rebalanced from PEGI to NEP recently.   Wondering how market will go for PEGI Q1 /Dev2.0 on Tuesday, drifting at the moment.

dydo    1,391

If you look at the 10-Q you will see the lack of pre-acquisition of $12M from newly acquired assets.  In 10-Q NYLD actually made $10. I suppose the money were made for the parent. I think the parent is a bit of a mess, not a high flyer like NextEra. However, yieldco, as it stands today, has more liquidity than NEP. I think those yieldcos trade in tandem with their sponsors, so hard sell on NRG caused an impact on NYLD. I hope this is not a lasting condition.