odyd

TerraForm Global (GLBL)

258 posts in this topic

Why is only GLBL being hit? Down another 9% now? 

It is a thinly traded equity in comparison to Terp, hence the pressure is emphasized.

Filing on the details of the transaction. Looks like the 425MW are DC and they are worth $597.1M, Equity is $256M, but 38% if we talk about $231M. I do not have much time to read today, but there could be additional cost to equity. Overall debt is not too bad. AC price at 30% transition is about $1.80, looks a bit pricey, not sure what projects sell these days in the US $1.9 or so AC or is is it still $2.1?

http://www.terraformglobal.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=254121&p=irol-SECText&TEXT=aHR0cDovL2FwaS50ZW5rd2l6YXJkLmNvbS9maWxpbmcueG1sP2lwYWdlPTEwNjEzNjgwJkRTRVE9MCZTRVE9MCZTUURFU0M9U0VDVElPTl9FTlRJUkUmc3Vic2lkPTU3

When SUNE drop down assets to Terraform global or terraform?  How much does yieldco have to pay for the dropdown upfront?  Is there a $/Watt  figure?  Many thanks.  I am thinking about CSIQ's yieldco next year,  trying to figure out how much cash CSIQ can get directly from its yieldco IPO

They pay for all of it. They will structure financing to get it, but the whole asp comes off from sponsor's bs.

it says 12% levered return in iNR..that does not look at all attractive to me...there is significant currency risk. Also in India project cost is around 1.1 USD/W (on DC level)..most projects seem expansive on that as well..seems like GLBL paying high price to SUNE!!´

it says 12% levered return in iNR..that does not look at all attractive to me...there is significant currency risk. Also in India project cost is around 1.1 USD/W (on DC level)..most projects seem expansive on that as well..seems like GLBL paying high price to SUNE!!´

At 12% is not attractive? Going rate is 8%, $1.1at dc? That is about $0.30 less per watt that glbl case. I have a hard time believing 1.1 per watt and having any return at all.

8 hours ago, odyd said:

They pay for all of it. They will structure financing to get it, but the whole asp comes off from sponsor's bs.

when you say whole asp comes off from sponsor's bs,  by "asp" you mean"average selling price?"

12% $ return will be attractive not in INR....central bank benchmark rate in india is around 7%...from my discussion with project developers there, good investors looked for 15%+ equity returns!!

1.1 is the cost that I heard about...with 1.4, that is 20% GM...good for SUNE...but not sure if good enough for GLBL.

12% $ return will be attractive not in INR....central bank benchmark rate in india is around 7%...from my discussion with project developers there, good investors looked for 15%+ equity returns!!

1.1 is the cost that I heard about...with 1.4, that is 20% GM...good for SUNE...but not sure if good enough for GLBL.

Not sure about INR comment. Currencies are at the bottom so if they go up so will IRR. I consider 12% as high.

GLBL has done nothing thus far, it has flat lined at this point. This stock should move up, run a comparison for last days for TERP and GLBL. This is why.