16 minutes ago, tupapa said:

Closed CSIQ, very weak price action and added DQ and SEDG since they are the strongest solars.

85% DQ

15% SEDG

sell low, buy high?  Well there might be something to it. I'm always afraid to follow a trend, but those trends do often seem to march on.  SEDG & DQ are certainly strong players.

Edited by sunnypease

6 hours ago, sunnypease said:

sell low, buy high?

Pretty much. At the end of the day, if a stock goes up, it´s because the big fish know it´s worth more than the current price (otherwise they´d be selling) and vice-versa.

I gave up picking bottoms some time ago, too many smelly fingers

Having said this, I´ll be happy to enter CSIQ again if prices move above the range upper limit, I don´t have anything personal against the stock.

Edited by tupapa

I talked to GJ today. They talk to CSIQ on Friday and he felt there is going to be revenue recognition without margin. So it appears we are on the same wave. Wonder what he will advise. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, dydo said:

I talked to GJ today. They talk to CSIQ on Friday and he felt there is going to be revenue recognition without margin. So it appears we are on the same wave. Wonder what he will advise. 

So they're potentially in as bad (or worse) a spot as Jinko?  I confess, this is all over my head at this point trying to figure out what's up.  Sounds like they're just treading water... profitless prosperity.

15 hours ago, Mark said:

So they're potentially in as bad (or worse) a spot as Jinko?  I confess, this is all over my head at this point trying to figure out what's up.  Sounds like they're just treading water... profitless prosperity.

What? I talked to GJ. He met the company Friday and we concluded we will see tax equity recognized as revenue but have zero margins. This is basically what I am trying to explain for last two days. Imagine you have sold use of your house for 200K. You took the money. Now you selling it to someone for 220k plus 30k margin. So you have a transaction of 450k but the margin is only 30k. Do you see my point? This how tax equity works. Not many people get it even direct meeting with CFO did not improve the outcome a lot for him. he said Q1 will be even bigger in results. I wonder what he will issue. 

My bad, I misread the initial post in light of previous ones, sorry.