Sign in to follow this  
explo

JinkoSolar (JKS)

I got kicked out from JKS today. I think they will do well in Q1. I am looking for more for myself from CSIQ.

Guest Lepv123

Although CSIQ at this price is a good entry. I think YGE as well considering how much it has retraced at least technically speaking.

I think JKS is a great stock when is moving up, but it is a beast when it comes down. I hit my stop. I do not want to lose this time around, so I am more aggressive to protect some of that profit I made. I bought some of CSIQ yesterday on a drop end, but it went down big on me from that buy. I am sitting on the average of 7 from average of 5.60. Still in the money, using my profits of course to make those buys. I got stung today on JKS so I am bitter a bit. So bottom line for me holding TSL, just sitting on it. Hi priced purchase from a long time ago just waiting for better days. I have 50% of my account in CSIQ and 50% in cash. as of now I have to see what will happen, but I am thinking buying would be prudent. Look at the picks of Q2, CSIQ got 96% return since April 18th. Is profit in Q2 potential and good Q1 result worth $12? I personally think so. Things here are that in 6 months stock would be too expensive to chase. YGE is just no longer attraction to me. I will review after Q1 if I see anything I like.

Guest Lepv123

Thanks Odyd for your thoughts! I'm planning to hold onto my JKS and will add TSL and CSIQ soon.

Guest ILOVEPV

JMHO: from current prices I see the following stocks as prime picks in terms of percentage gain range within next 2-2.5 months: SOL (80-120%) CSIQ (60-80%) JASO (50-100%) TSL (35-60%) HSOL (20-100% -the most unpredictable) YGE (30-60%) SPWR (25-35%) WFR (20-25%) FSLR (20-25%) GTAT (25-40%) Probably I'm too naive putting SOL on a first place again but it seems to me SOL is the most undervalued stock in the list. On a top of it SOL business model let it weather all the storms (tariffs and troubles around) with min loss.

Guest Lepv123

something to the effects of CSIQ? I do vaguely remember JKS CEO mentioning profitability within sight this year?

Guest Uncle Chang

<<Estimate to lose -1.1 or $24M>> Yahoo says ($1.66)/share vs ($2.55)/share same quarter last year. No idea how they'll be able to beat ($1.66)/share, not to mention ($1.11)/share, if they're still selling at ASP lower than its peers. I gave it a "flunk", even I own shares, and I'll be happy if I'm wrong! :(:)

Guest Believer

But why just 1,2-1,5 MW for 2013. They would have more than half already in first half. Hope has nothing to do with tariffs??

But why just 1,2-1,5 MW for 2013. They would have more than half already in first half. Hope has nothing to do with tariffs??

JKS like sold a lot on the cheap in first half to Europe and will sell to China in second half. It hurts their ASP, but having freakishly low cost they still dominate on GM. JKS as tariff play is that they have low cost and can sell to low ASP markets instead.

I thought that the 54 cents JKS had in Q4 would actually be hard to hold in Q1. Shaving off 3 cents more is brutal. JKS is trendsetter on cost, since they keep low raw material inventory buy on spot markets making material market development blend into their COGS faster. Klothilde will not like this. JKS makes both mono and poly and their poly modules reach 270w now. All at a blended cost of 51 cents including inventory carrying costs.

Guest nanofrogfish_spf

COGS 51 cents. Non-Si 42 cents. Brutal! ASP 59 cents.

Sorry explo...I don't believe it...they must be lying because Kloth said this was impossible, even by the end of the year...and had all the micro-calcs to prove it...and all the other predictions have been so accurate to date!...lol

Operating margin close to positive. 3m forex and 7.5m CB is their 20m net loss. It is close now...

Probably everyone is curious now about Q2 prices and how JKS prices stack against the Q1 results. We have an app for that and this is GADP. With increase volume in Q2 is JKS going to have a profit? Remember that projects MW are above the 1.2GW of sales.

Guest Klothilde

This is indeed horrible news for my investment thesis. I need to think, so please quiet.

The question is if JKS can would some other Chinese could? You bet they would.

Guest Toadiac

look like $9.50 now and TD don't let you trade until 8AM,i'm happy with my 3750 shares, I hope it helps TSL also,Good Luck guys and Gals

Guest sleepy

Well since jks is the only stock I own & I have been accumulating it for two or so years, this is looking good.