Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
odyd

JA Solar (JASO)

2,765 posts in this topic

JA looks like it has very small amount of sales on export, versus their projections. Those sales in Mainland will offset this hopefully.

I know that JA shipped 6.7MW in Q3 to Japan, Suntech around 4, CSIQ 3MW and SolarOne about 2.5MW. Suntech did 50MW to the US and Yingli about 25MW. Data is of course only for 2 months of Q3.

This is company's recent presentation with explanation on cypress, I am also testing ability to make attachments.

Presentation looks impressive. My only concern with this company is lack of transparency. Why these guys pay so much interest per dollar borrowed while the peers pay less per dollar...is beyond my comprehension.

That is a nice presentation. One of my big worries with JASO is their agreement with Hefei city to build 3GW integrated wafer to module capacity by 2013. They are already 2GW behind schedule. 3GW Chinese cell capacity in addition to the 2.8GW they have and are not fully utilizing in a time when there's question marks on whether Chinese cells will be eligible for the EU and US markets? The Hefei plant cost is estimated to 2.1 billion USD. That would stretch their now solid balance sheet. I find it a bit strange that analysts never ask about this.

JA Solar’s Cypress cell reaches new high in average conversion efficiency

[*]

Posted Image

JA Solar's Cypress cells reach new average efficiencies.

[*]JASONASDAQ0.837

-0.021 (-2.47%)4:00PM EDT

The company noted in its Cypress series, its 6” full square monocrystalline solar modules and 6” standard monocrystalline modules now produce a power output of 280W and 270W, respectively. Additionally, its 6” multicrystalline solar modules produce a power output of 260W.

JA Solar pointed out that it has shipped over 300MW of its Cypress cells, including over 100MW to external customers. "We are delighted to have made yet another breakthrough with our Cypress series, as we continue to find innovative ways to service the market demand for high-quality, high-efficiency solar products," said Dr. Peng Fang, CEO of JA Solar. "By offering higher conversion efficiency without increasing the cost of cells, the Cypress cells further help to reduce the cost of modules on a per watt basis by ensuring a high power output. Customers are responding very well to this compelling value proposition, and we're confident that our continued focus on pushing technological boundaries will drive continued growth."

http://www.pv-tech.org/news/ja_solars_cypress_cell_reaches_new_high_in_average_conversion_efficiency

***Aagreement with Hefei city*** JASO is not obligated to build the whole thing...and there is no dead line. So, first they have to clean the house ...before they start expanding....unless Hefei gives them some big power plant projects.