Jump to content


Solar Investor
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

About Koolinv

  • Rank


  • Portfolio %
    CSIQ50%, TSL30%, JKS20%
  1. Explo, I am thinking to add JASO at this level. I am curious what's your take on JASO's valuation relative to TSL right now. TSL is going private at $11. JASO CEO offered $9 a long time ago, which gives a big upside based on current stock price if the buyout comes through. Maybe the CEO wants to low ball the shareholders again, but I don't think he can go below the fair valuation relative to TSL. Thank you in advance for your opinion.
  2. Glad to see good price action for CSIQ this morning. Maybe a little short covering is going on? Anyhow, exited all my CSIQ. Will buy back at $12 if it ever happens again. Good luck to all longs.
  3. Add CSIQ here too. Best of luck to everyone long solar.
  4. ahhh, Explo is travelling again:)
  5. Don't know whether it break $26 this year. It will be there some day if they emerge as one of the survivors from this round of so called "overcapacity", which I believe they will as tier ones are still providing decent forecast for the year. I will be very happy if it makes to $20 this year. Who knows the price won't get a bump with some hints from CSIQ on what they would to with plants in Japan and US.
  6. Lol. Good luck jet. I hope for a bounce from this level for the solar stock as I feel a little over extended with my allocation on solar. I would definitely have an exit strategy and start to take losses if they break key supports. I still regret not taking loss when SOL dropped below $8 in May '11. Won't let that happen again.
  7. I see the lack of interest in solar stock on this board as one of the indicators for a short term bottom.
  8. Bought some TSL and more CSIQ today. May bail on TSL if it break $7. For CSIQ, I hope it won't visit the low before Q1 release given the good reaction to Q1 release.
  9. I added TSL today and lowered my exposure on both Csiq and jks. If TSL is going back to close to $7 again, I will add more. For Jaso, I will consider buy in $6.7 range. In that case, I am afraid cisq and jks would be a lot lower than the current price.
  10. There seems to be $1~2 gap between Jaso and TSL most of time in the past two years. I bought TSL instead of Jaso. Plus, TSL has more institution buyers, make it more difficult for the management to pull off shady deals in privatization, I hope. I would be happy for round trips between $8 and $9 before clear trend is established in solar. Just feel safer this way. That said, I do have larger holding in JKS than TSL and Csiq now, hoping for long term gain.
  11. Fwiw, the Volatility of TSL share price might be related to the uncertainty of buy out due to potential hurdles from the Chinese government. There are rumblings from Bloomberg and forbs on QIHU about this. Not sure how this play out for TSL is buyout is banned.
  12. Maybe that's the reason for TSL's share price drop. Or someone has inside information on some bad news. Who knows. LDK and YGE has been supper aggressive with high debt and stretch of unprofitable quarters. STP were brought down by a bad decision triggered default. TSL's track record is far more consistent. At 45% discount of buyout price. I started half position. Will do another half near $7 or after quarterly report. A little surprised for the lack of interest on this board.
  13. Not sole position but prime position at 70% with TSL as the other position at 30%. Sure hope Csiq goes to mid 20 soon. Or a quick decision from TSL on privatization.
  14. Yes, indeed. Sold part of CSIQ and moved to Tsl. It might be a good day to go on margins on this lagger with tight stop for day trade.
  15. Expo, JASO share price is close to the buy-out price. Are you hopping the CEO to raise that? Not sure how many Chinese companies have done that before. The risk reward seem to favor CSIQ at this price.
  • Create New...