You are not logged in.

explo

Professional

• "explo" started this thread

Date of registration: Sep 29th 2012

Stock Positions: SOL

Monday, May 20th 2013, 3:24pm

Crazy volume in JASO today

Klothilde finally hitting the buy button?

Congrats to long July and lucky (or super) traders Pop and odyd.

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pop2mollys

Pop2mollys

Professional

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2013

Stock Positions: 100% CSIQ reloaded

Monday, May 20th 2013, 3:28pm

Just hit new HOD in AH... Boomshackalacka

JASO put the whole sector on its back today and stomped the chit out of the shorts...

Excuse my language I'm just a bit fired up today!

joshchang

Trainee

Date of registration: Feb 7th 2013

Stock Positions: CSIQ

Monday, May 20th 2013, 3:39pm

and new 52 weeks high for CSIQ AH.

Toadiac

Trainee

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2013

Stock Positions: TSL 50% JASO 26% JKS 24%

Monday, May 20th 2013, 3:47pm

Best day of life,I've been investing almost 20 years,Unbelievable,I sold a little JASO and JKS,should never have sold JASO but I still have 3000 shares,TSL next week if they give #'s for a good 2nd half we should continue to go up,way up TSL is on its way to $11. JMHO

explo

Professional

Monday, May 20th 2013, 3:48pm

Honestly I'm a bit puzzled. 70% move on losing $0.85 instead of estimated $1.03. And many joining. Despite that we've seen Q1 performance been all over the place for SOL, CSIQ, TSL and JASO. Must be mainly the German stance on tariff founded move leveraged by the better than expected report for JASO?

Will you guys take profit or hold tomorrow?

Toadiac

Trainee

Date of registration: Mar 4th 2013

Stock Positions: TSL 50% JASO 26% JKS 24%

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:11pm

I will hold till at least I hear from TSL,I sold 2400 shares of JASO mid to late morning(i still have 3000 shares),and it cost me over $5000,i also sold a piece of JKS and did not get as hurt there but lost almost a grand there.If these companies can really turn a profit late in the year or early next year,this site will have the most traffic ever,Thanks ODYD-----I got crushed late last year and early this year,I don't think I made up all loses yet,but today got most of the $$ back. Good Luck

Pop2mollys

Professional

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:19pm

JASO has always missed on earnings, the street got caught off guard. This is why I believe JASO popped and can move up even more,..

1. Strong ASP leading to strong turn a round in margins
2. Dominating in Japan and when asked how they see Japan market this year they said it is going to be very strong and sustainable.
3. Very low shipments to Europe, even with tariffs they might not be effected at all
4. When asked about cutting costs they are on pace fore great cost reduction
5. Guiding higher ASP rest of year both for cell and module sales

I held every single share I bought of JASO last week. Best market day of my life.

I will update if I make any moves but as of now I'm holding everything long

Bodhi

Trainee

Date of registration: Feb 13th 2013

Stock Positions: None

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:27pm

I really think that these moves are sustainable for 1 reason... VOLUME. It's everything when it comes to stocks, even if stocks do peel back a little bit from where we are now, they'll be back. There's a LOT of people who bought in today, and they don't wanna sell until they make a profit.
JM2C

littleguyintucson

Intermediate

Date of registration: Feb 4th 2013

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:29pm

Honestly I'm a bit puzzled. 70% move on losing $0.85 instead of estimated $1.03. And many joining. Despite that we've seen Q1 performance been all over the place for SOL, CSIQ, TSL and JASO. Must be mainly the German stance on tariff founded move leveraged by the better than expected report for JASO?

Puzzled a 90% move in 1 day on a loss of $0.85 in earnings with no adjustments and flat guidance is just crazy. The fact the whole sector moved huge yet again is just crazy. You have 1 poor ER, 1 good ER, 1 pre-announce better shipments and 1 pre-announce worse shipments and on what is a slight beat massive runup.

I sold out 3 days early, and missed the double on my doubles.

Congrats to those that held or bought.
now may it pull back after the short squeezes. :)

explo

Professional

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:37pm

They all moved like tariff and 2H uncertainty was eliminated and on volume. Big moves happen in these stocks, but it is hard to see the trigger. I was hoping for 2H margin guidance (or at least 2Q). Volume was totally insane. Did someone tuned the robot trading algorithms wrong again?

Is it possible to see if it was robot trading or not? Average volume last 3 months 580k. Today 22m. WTF.

solarman1

Trainee

Date of registration: Feb 7th 2013

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:41pm

Odyd,

Just curious, are LittlemanT and ILOVEPV the same person? Both missed the big boat and now wishing for a pull back.

I think we go higher for a few more days as a sector from a technical stand point. There is just too much $$ on the sideline waiting to get in like Littlt and ILOVE money......time will tell

I am holding from here. 2-5 years from now, it really does not matter if you bought at $5, 6, or $9, because as a sector, we are going much higher.

Bodhi

Trainee

Date of registration: Feb 13th 2013

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:45pm

Did volume on SPWR make sense a few months ago when it went from 5 to 8.50 in a day? Answer, no... aside from news of MAYBE profits and t. boone buy in, it didn't make much sense. And look at her now.. Possible black 2nd quarter and germany crying foul about tariffs? Probably warrants a major move for CHI solars imo.. so not as crazy as you think, we're all just so used to being used/abused we've forgotten what the hay days of 2007 and 2010 were like...

singular

Trainee

Date of registration: Dec 7th 2012

Monday, May 20th 2013, 4:46pm

You must have been reading my mind. JASO did do well Q1, but I also do not understand the 70% move. We truly must be in a bull market.

spiritcraft

Intermediate

Date of registration: Dec 11th 2012

Stock Positions: TSL, CSIQ, SOL

Monday, May 20th 2013, 5:01pm

First phone post!

I am not sure if we are there but I have known that one day we would watch names skyrocket due to sentiment. I think this is just a warm up but there will come a time that this sector is as hot as any and may become completely irrational. Greed will be on our side, the story will spread and it will get pumped in such a way that the mass bashing of 2011 and 2012 will look wimpy. It is not just these stock or companies, the dawn is coming of an energy revolution which will attract piling on. Again, I don't think we are even there yet. One thing is certain, those in the way or holding onto 2011-2012 will be financially ruined. The work is turning, the planet needs pv and investors will want in.

This has always been my theory but the price declines has made this bull - feeding frenzy much closer by a factor of years. Until then, I'll take this.

cfeng

Intermediate

Date of registration: Apr 25th 2013

Stock Positions: SPWR SOL

Monday, May 20th 2013, 5:11pm

New 52 week high for JASO AH at $10/sh... $400 million valuation... same as Canadian solar... JASO is priced as posting $1/sh to $1.50/sh profit for 2013 using a PE of 7 to 10. Which means given the 85c loss of Q1, they need $1.85 to $2.35/sh profit for the next 3 quarters. And that's assuming JASO stays at $10. But who knows, maybe they'll price JASO with a forward PE of 20 instead.

explo

Professional

Monday, May 20th 2013, 5:18pm

Spirit, there certainly were feeding frenzy today. :)

I took my big gains in SOL off the table last week and just did big but quick trades on today's momentum. I think it could be volatile until June 6 when EU commission makes its decision.

http://www.pv-magazine.com/features/trad…/#axzz2TsR9UvmV

Varying performance and reluctance on margin guidance for 2H is also causing uncertainty. Many companies took big tax asset valuation allowances in the 2012 20-F (SOL and JASO for example). It reflects their view of profit outlook coming 3 years. That's why I want some margin guidance, but I don't think anyone will give it because they don't know. Everything is determined for the Chinese on June 6. Will they have a bigger or smaller pie to fight over.

There will likely be a pullback this week. The question is when. The momentum can continue one of two days more.

cfeng

Intermediate

Monday, May 20th 2013, 5:18pm

Predict JASO's PPS close tomorrow by the simplest way possible:
A - Above $10
B - Below $10

Choose A (Above) or B (Below)

I'll go first - 1 vote for B

Pop2mollys

Professional

Monday, May 20th 2013, 5:20pm

A

explo

Professional

Monday, May 20th 2013, 5:20pm

Hit A. Close B.

cfeng

Intermediate

Monday, May 20th 2013, 5:23pm

Thanks explo. I mean "predict the close price tomorrow" (I edited the post).

Social bookmarks

Xeloris(May 31st 2013, 5:51am)

northside(May 29th 2013, 11:27am)

SOLARFAN(May 29th 2013, 4:14am)

chris28(May 28th 2013, 1:05pm)

Makan(May 27th 2013, 11:30pm)

Statistic

• Members: 101
  • Threads: 1,544
  • Postings: 12,261 (ø 48.46/day)
  • Greetings to our newest member: Xeloris