You are not logged in.

Aton

Beginner

• "Aton" started this thread

Date of registration: May 16th 2013

Stock Positions: SOL

Monday, May 20th 2013, 1:48pm

European solars might follow solar sector rally tomorrow on opening?

We had a day off in europe today. I was thinking about a strategy to buy european solar stocks eary tomorrow morning in the hope they might follow the sector rally. I guess i should also consider which European traded stocks might perform best under the news that started the rally.

Would this be an smart strategy? Anyone having suggestions?

eysteinh

Intermediate

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2012

Stock Positions: None

Monday, May 20th 2013, 1:53pm

Renwable energy corporation also had a day off the stock 17th May and also now 20th May because of holidays, so has not gained any of the recent rally. (last stock trading day was 16th May) Unless the rally is because of a chinese tariff then it should follow if this is a sector wide reversal.

But this is just my favorite stock that I actually know something about, I am sure someone out there have other recommandations for you also.

Aton

Beginner

Monday, May 20th 2013, 2:01pm

Note though that the rally is also in part because of the Germans saying that tarrifs on chinese panels is probably not wise.

Rec was the first i was considering though, stock price is relativly low i guess, but i guess they had more to win on the tarrifs on chinese panels. Still, not all European solar company's are active on the same markets, Rec iirc is also quite active in Asia right?

Another company i'm looking at is SMA solar technoligy

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Aton" (May 20th 2013, 2:08pm)

Aton

Beginner

Monday, May 20th 2013, 6:25pm

Im thinking of buying maybe shares of european solar farming companys like sag.de

Reasoning is that if Chinese will be enabled to give us europeans cheap effecient solar panels, that this wil maybe benifit these companys quite a bit.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Aton" (May 21st 2013, 3:43am)

Aton

Beginner

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 3:44am

Renwable energy corporation also had a day off the stock 17th May and also now 20th May because of holidays, so has not gained any of the recent rally. (last stock trading day was 16th May) Unless the rally is because of a chinese tariff then it should follow if this is a sector wide reversal.

But this is just my favorite stock that I actually know something about, I am sure someone out there have other recommandations for you also.
Rec is trading up a lot this morning.