You are not logged in.

pg6solar

Beginner

Today, 6:58am

A great thanks to you Odyd for keeping this site going and for incredibly affordable monthly reports you provide. Also all members should be clicking those ads on daily basis - I started today. If it helps to keep this web site going, all members and visitors should. JMHO.

singular

Beginner

Date of registration: Dec 7th 2012

Today, 7:06am

singular, you may have resolved the issue. I bought this plugin and thus far nobody has signed since pg6 ( I cleared all suspicious ids.)
Let's keep the forum free, but do not forget revenue yahoo gets from clicking those ads, works here the same and all, please buy reports. Best month this month so far, thank you all for your patronage.

Glad it worked out for you and glad I could help. If you have any other question on running a community/forum, feel free to let me know.

all the best,
Joe

odyd12

Administrator

• "odyd12" started this thread

Date of registration: Jan 3rd 2013

Today, 7:26am

sure, thanks.
I am noticing that Google Finance does not pick up as much content of China and almost ignores STP ticker. SPVI articles used to be there all the time. We are on Google News but some articles are being removed from the search.
Sites ranked lower than SPVI (we are 4) are being printed in search ahead of SPVI. Yahoo and Bing refuse to pick up our articles.

solarcat

Beginner

Date of registration: Mar 6th 2013

Today, 7:38am

Is your website in China? Cause I don't see the connection of Google not pick up SPVI articles. Cause I can find the PRs and articles about all the Chinese solars just fine.

odyd12

Administrator

Today, 8:05am

No the server is in the US.
this is the link to see articles on Google News. Foxconn article has been removed.
https://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1RNBN…AOsW9iwLRvYDQDw

None of the are on Google Finance,
but we used to be on it all the time
https://www.google.com/finance

if you searched by ticker

ILOVEPV

Intermediate

Date of registration: Jan 28th 2013

Today, 8:48am

ODYD.
I believe your site attacks are tied to its content. Your site is the best discussion arena in this specific field combining both factual knowledge and creating an understandable platform for a right investing. Unfortunately I know that certain entities do not like it (they like holding a wide public in dark). It seems to me they are behind all the mess you've got. If you introduce subscription fee you won't gain a lot while probably will lose more. It is not a right time to charge visitors or/and members. Wait for a year or two when solar stocks become a visible investing vehicle and you will be able to charge much more. It goes without saying - JMHO.

solarcat

Beginner

Today, 9:56am

I'm sorry ilovepv, I don't buy that. With solar stocks down between 45% to 55% (with DQ down 70% & JKS down 60%) in just 2 months, they could care less what we say here. The board has been saying the same things in December, then in January and February and we are saying the same stuff now.

IMO, the person who orchestrated the attacks here is the same person who is able to delete messages he does not like on the Yahoo boards (and could be o1mbd as everything started with his appearance and his messages were similar to candb01sucks from the Yahoo boards). I have no idea how he does it, but he does. He has 1000s of IDs on Yahoo that he uses on solar boards. He goes by the name ninesucks, candb01sucks, ylies, tfuturesucks, etc... and 1000s more. He is the reason why Yahoo boards have gone downhill on top of the reason that Yahoo changed the software and the way the ignore function used to work. And that person IMO could be financed by someone. Either that or he is a complete psycho that he should be put into a mental institution.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "solarcat" (Today, 10:03am)

ILOVEPV

Intermediate

Today, 10:12am

solarcat
Let me tell you something. PV solar industry is in her infancy. But first sharp teeth are already out. The less potential investors aware of a fast changing situation the better for those who are preparing for a big stake on PVsolar stocks. May be it sounds crazy but survivors will be trading in the same price range when they were 3-4 years ago i.e. 15-25 fold with regard to current price. I do not know what turmoils can happen ahead but I do know that in a final analysis winners will be rewarded in an AAPL scale of investing. How long it takes nobody knows. May be ODYD 10 year time horizon is just right on time but being well aware how the markets are acting I think it will happen much faster. This board helps to reveal winners, cut losers, provide factual priceless info. In a couple of years this site can become a world leader (already) as a respected info deliverer for ORDINARY people, not for exclusive deep pocket crooks. This site destroys information and analytical monopoly. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy but i know what forces are behind money and this industry is a huge potential money maker.

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pop2mollys

solarcat

Beginner

Today, 10:35am

All I know is that the only money makers for stocks down 40 to 70% in 2 months, are shorts and hedge funds, and they are laughing all the way to the bank just like they have for the last 5 years.

Does anyone remember FSLR at $310+ in 08, 200+ in 09 and $180 in 2011? And FSLR is not even part of Solar 10 and we hardly talk about FSLR here. So if that can happen to the biggest U.S. solar company in the world, I'm not the least surprised to what has happened to the Solar 9/10/11. No conspiracies needed. It is what it is. Wall street is saying "show me the money". And once they sniffed that Q1 was not going to be a money maker, they started selling. Eventually profitability for Q2 is going to come again into focus and will start to drive them higher (possibly in late may-early june). And if they disappointed, they will sell them once again. If not, and they are pleasantly surprised to the upside, they will drive them even higher for Q3. That is what the industry needs. Back to back to back profitability and ever increasing margins. But I don't know how possible that is for 2013. JMHO

ILOVEPV

Intermediate

Today, 11:51am

that is right but only from 1 side. Take a look at AMZN at 260 and NFLX at 165. Do they make money now? Absolutely NO, so why they are trading at such an enormous premium? An answer is simple: the WS calculated that within next 5 years they have to become profitable with 40% annual growth (the WS analysts for internal use are the best in the world; do not mess them with those jerks who provide upgrades/downgrades for lemming). In the other words a current price reflects a possible next 5 year positive development. "Show me money right now" is not the WS approach. If you can show money NOW everybody can see it and make a profit. They (the WS) need something exclusive. That is why this site is a real treasure. If the WS got a feeling that "ice should start to melt" (even before first water appeared in an ice surface) they will bake all future "melted water" in a share price before an ice even starts melting. At least the WS worked this way ALWAYS. I see not reason why this approach should be changed.

odyd12

Administrator

Today, 12:36pm

I am quite positive this is not “against” industry attack, when it comes to actions against the site.

It is bots and mostly hackers trying to get another notch. The Google Finance is disappointing since we got always most traffic from this area of Google. We are featured on news, but they drop occasional news here and there. In both cases articles, site etc are censored. The fact some other sites show up with lower rankings in searches and articles are linked to Google Finance, which have nothing of value, just ticker and perhaps "stock is down." It is pretty bad. SPVI has rank 4, but PV-Mag example has 5, and some have even 6, so they always pop ahead of us in addtions to others being ahead of us

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

1 member and 1 guests

o1mbd