You are not logged in.

Interested in Chinese Solar Market? Do You Have an Investment in US-listed, Chinese Stocks?

Do not wait for market to tell you about the solar business and how your company is doing

Monthly Delivery Data, Global Average Declared Prices (GADP), Know about the business before the market does

May GADP Data has All module Exports with 32 companies named. 27 countries and 239 data points, click for more

Q3 SPVI Forum Portfolio- Members' choice

greensolar

Professional

• "greensolar" started this thread

Date of registration: Sep 30th 2012

Stock Positions: SOL

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 3:01pm

Axiom’s Johnson: Time to Sell JA Solar

Back at it again.....FEAR MONGERING http://blogs.barrons.com/emergingmarkets…-sell-ja-solar/

Pop2mollys

Master

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2013

Stock Positions: 100% CSIQ reloaded

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 3:06pm

Oh Gordo, is the street not paying attention to him anymore? JASO closed in the green today

JulyWebb

Intermediate

Date of registration: Feb 26th 2013

Stock Positions: JASO SOL

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 3:19pm

And He did the same with FSLR and FSlR since his last call FSLR has more than doubled... If you listen to Q&A from the Conference Call JA is forecasting more of their sales for Q1 and the full year 2013 in the Asia-Pacific Regions, Japan where ASP's are higher. JA's note is due May 15'th and they are well prepared to pay it! JA has one of the best balance sheets in the industry.

If you go back to August 16'th 2010 Gordon Johnson sent out a Sell Rating on JA Solar and gave JA a price target of $5.00. Two months and about a week later JA made a High of $10.14. JA made a big jump in a short amount of time. I kinda think someones need to cover their short shares.

The Stock closed Green today.

solarcat

Unregistered

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 3:32pm

IMO, 2013 will be the year that they separate the ones that become profitable and make money, with the ones that struggle for yet another year.

Klothilde

Unregistered

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 3:56pm

IMO JASO will experience a significant rise in ASP and GMs in Q1. Reasons:
- Significantly increased revenue from high-ASP Japan
- Significant margin expansion for mono cells during the quarter (pvinsights), the core of JASO's business
- Management expressed great confidence in positive GM in Q1 during last CC

In Addition I think the company purposely cut prices in Q4 to reduce inventories and increase cash ahead of the convertible bond payment in may. Now that inventories are low they may revert to market averages imo.

solarcat

Unregistered

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 4:03pm

Klothilde, I know you own FSLR but do you own JASO as well? Or better yet, what solars you invest in for the long term (no need to tell me if you just trade them every week or two).

odyd12

Administrator

Date of registration: Jan 3rd 2013

Stock Positions: Long: TSL, HSOL, CSIQ

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 4:51pm

In my original article I was going to place JA among the candidates. I did not have enough data on poly costs. I am also a bit frustrated with peak and valley style of shipments, without definitive trend in upward direction.
I did mentioned JA in absurd accusation of being at risk of heavy debt and bond payout.
Look for PV-Magazine version of my article tomorrow. I did a lot of work to make it different, and perhaps better, 90% of it is the same text so I think it is a proof that SA is a short sale stink hole.

Klothilde

Unregistered

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 5:18pm

Klothilde, I know you own FSLR but do you own JASO as well? Or better yet, what solars you invest in for the long term (no need to tell me if you just trade them every week or two).

I only own FSLR and haven't bought or sold any solar stock for at least 3 years. I had my doubts on the competitiveness of CdTe but those doubts were pulverized two days ago during the analyst day event. Nevertheless I'm looking to diversify into a chinese c-Si stock. I have a long-term investment horizon and my focus is on management quality and technology. I've narrowed down my short list to JASO and TSL. There's also some good stuff to highlight with other companies, however I don't feel comfortable with their degree of leverage.

SunSavesUsAll

Beginner

Date of registration: Feb 18th 2013

Stock Positions: SOL TSL JASO

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 5:48pm

Does he also have a price target of $9 for First Solar? Last I checked FSLR is trading at $37-38.

I have a small position in JASO. There is simply no way I am going to sell it as this level.

Pop2mollys

Master

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2013

Stock Positions: 100% CSIQ reloaded

Monday, May 20th 2013, 12:53pm

How does that hatorade taste Gordo?

Game time....

eysteinh

Intermediate

Date of registration: Dec 9th 2012

Stock Positions: None

Monday, May 20th 2013, 1:40pm

Wonderfull they are getting proven wrong. This is when the real long starts.

Social bookmarks

calsol(Jul 8th 2013, 8:44am)

texasray(Jul 7th 2013, 6:34pm)

mena(Jul 7th 2013, 3:05pm)

msk_solar(Jul 7th 2013, 11:38am)

gltlin(Jul 6th 2013, 6:17am)

Statistic

• Members: 106
  • Threads: 1,738
  • Postings: 14,494 (ø 50.86/day)
  • Greetings to our newest member: calsol