Registration is Free

Dear Guest,

Please register for Free. You will be able to experience more features of our forum. As a Registered User you can also use our free- trial feature to experience Full Premium Membership.

Photo

Daily News July 12, 2013

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 explo

explo

师傅

• Premium Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,928 posts
  • Holdings:JASO

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

Cash strapped giant?

GCL-Poly raise US$98 million through private note issue

http://www.pv-tech.o...ivate_placement

For GCL this is like LDK's penny scrambling to handle billions of debt load.

#2 Scsnospam

Scsnospam

新手上路

• Premium Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

http://blogs.barrons...od=yahoobarrons

The article does not elaborate on what exactly is the problem. In any case, I don't see any reaction at all to this.

#3 explo

explo

师傅

• Premium Members
    • PipPip
    • 1,928 posts
    • Holdings:JASO

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

http://online.wsj.co...2714464638.html

#4 JulyWebb

JulyWebb

中级会员

• Premium Members
    • Pip
    • 419 posts
    • LocationTexas
    • Holdings:JASO, SOL

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

EU make concessions on Chinese Solar Panels, Talks in Negotiations http://en.europeonli...led_289867.html

#5 odyd

odyd

管理员

• Administrators
    • 2,745 posts
    • Holdings:CSIQ, SOL, TSL

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:03 PM

Judy this is extremely valuable find. Thank you. "Not all companies will be part o the agreement" is a critical factor for all investors. Is it save to assume that watching export data, one can get clues? I am sure. Direction is probably already announced to companies. Hate to learn this from the news release.

#6 Guest_cfeng_*

Guest_cfeng_*
    • Guests

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Explo, I assume that is just a breaking news headline "EU, China Reach Impasse on Solar Panels", as I get nothing else and I subscribe to the WSJ, right?

#7 JulyWebb

JulyWebb

中级会员

• Premium Members
    • Pip
    • 419 posts
    • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

Here's another one. i believe this to be from the Wall Street Journal,
    http://blogs.barrons...od=yahoobarrons

#8 pg6solar

pg6solar

实习生

• Premium Members
    • Pip
    • 211 posts
    • Holdings:CSIQ, JKS, TSL

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

"Not all companies will be part o the agreement"

This is not only expected, but I must say that one must be quit naive to expect anything otherwise. EU pie as proposed is too small for all CN, fact that "chosen" ones will be preferred was never in doubt. Exact order list and allocation is the only unknown.

#9 Guest_cfeng_*

Guest_cfeng_*
    • Guests

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

"There is very little flexibility here," said another official. The latest Chinese offer is "simply unacceptable," the official said.

That does not sound good...

#10 Xeloris

Xeloris

新手上路

• Premium Members
    • Pip
    • 47 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

I guess we won't know what's going on until 8/6.. I seriously doubt any agreement will be made before then. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep the tariffs as they are and wait until the vote in december.

#11 JulyWebb

JulyWebb

中级会员

• Premium Members
      • Pip
      • 419 posts
      • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Odyd I don't know, I know some limited their exposure to EU such as JA until they had a clearer picture. JA committed itself to higher ASP market in Japan and having positive GM in the 1'st Qtr. Positive GM & profit is what JA is committed to. Others limited their exposure to EU & they could they had increased sales in other markets. I would think this statement, "Not all Chinese companies will tarke part in any agreement that is found" could reflect the China Zombie Solar Companies. I sure hope so.

As far as Yingli a while back Journalists reported that the Company seemed to be positive or more at ease about the tariff dispute.

Quote from the Article "Not all Chinese companies will take part in any agreement that is found", with some set to "work with the duties," according to the sources. They warned that Europe needs the Chinese solar exports.

"European capacity is not enough," they said.

The goal is for participating Chinese companies to have an EU market share of about 60 per cent for solar panels. China currently has a market share of about 80 per cent. dpa cb amh ar Authors: Christian Boehmer, Alexandra Mayer-Hohdahl

#12 Scsnospam

Scsnospam

新手上路

• Premium Members
      • Pip
      • 12 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

"But now about five cents appear to be separating the Europeans and the Chinese.". Does this mean Chinese offer is E0.45 or 0.585USD? What does that mean for margins?

#13 JulyWebb

JulyWebb

中级会员

• Premium Members
        • Pip
        • 419 posts
        • LocationTexas

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

What a Laugh
        Here's what I meant "Not all Chinese Companies will take part in any agreement that is found" with some set to "work with the duties" should mean China Zombie Solar Companies work with the duties.

#14 odyd

odyd

管理员

• Administrators
        • 2,745 posts
        • Holdings:CSIQ, SOL, TSL

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Yes, it natural to expect that small, OEM type companies with limited brand will not be allowed to take part.
        I think that our bunch will be included. That means they will get busier. still good chunk of the volume belongs to "Others".

#15 outsmart

outsmart

中级会员

• Premium Members
        • Pip
        • 208 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

€.56 - €.58

#16 luckygoose

luckygoose

实习生

• Registered Users
          • Pip
          • 119 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

http://www.digitimes...30712PD200.html

Main Taiwan solar cell makers run at 80-100% of capacity in 2Q13

#17 uchsteve

uchsteve

实习生

• Premium Members
            • Pip
            • 51 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

http://www.pv-tech.o...s_left_standing

#18 Uncle Chang

Uncle Chang

中级会员

• Registered Users
              • Pip
              • 226 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

€.56 - €.58

They'll try to buy more time, even the government says that they haven't concluded with the Anti-dump probe on EU yet after passing July 4th deadline. EU came down from €.70 to €.60, that's 15%, if the Chinese goes up from €.50 to €.57.5 that's also 15%, and I don't think the requests for deal to end in December 2014 "appear to be difficult to implement" as reported. They just have to come up with mechanism to allow adjustments if the Global demand goes up too much too fast, nobody can really predict what's going to happen after 2014.
                The "separate EU case into whether China has been unfairly subsidizing solar panel producers" must be ended, nobody wants to fight another war, I think that's reasonable, I think the report from Brussels is also bias?

#19 eysteinh

eysteinh

职业选手

• Registered Users
                • Pip
                • 517 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

"EU ProSun, the European solar manufacturer initiative that filed the antidumping complaint that led to the introduction of duties on PV products imported from China into the EU in early June, said that it will appeal to the European Court of Justice if the European Union and China will confirm that they reached a compromise on the solar trade dispute, as reported by several media articles."

http://www.photon.in...photon?id=78535

Not sure I can symphatize with prosun here.

Major point I get from this:
                  EU and China must be really close to a deal if Prosun goes out in media and threaten to file courtcase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users