dydo

Solar News

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20150910PD200.html

Taiwan solar cell makers see influx of pre-orders from China

Taiwan-based crystalline silicon solar cell makers have seen an influx of pre-orders from China-based PV module makers amid speculation the China government may not lower feed-in tariff rates for PV power stations and distributed systems to be established in China in 2016, according to industry sources.

PV_Mag is quoting Doug Young from Seeking Alpha calling Trina's spin off as desperation

http://www.pv-magazine.com/news/details/beitrag/trina-to-spin-off-downstream-business_100021068/#axzz3liMJT1Vr

Doug's article

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3507676-debt-woes-shine-in-yingli-shares-trina-spin-off

Considering that Doug just wrote this, PV-Mag's attitude to the questionable opinion presented without any doubts stinks of bias.

• Upvote 1

PV_Mag is quoting Doug Young from Seeking Alpha calling Trina's spin off as desperation

http://www.pv-magazine.com/news/details/beitrag/trina-to-spin-off-downstream-business_100021068/#axzz3liMJT1Vr

Doug's article

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3507676-debt-woes-shine-in-yingli-shares-trina-spin-off

Considering that Doug just wrote this, PV-Mag's attitude to the questionable opinion presented without any doubts stinks of bias.

I don't see how separating electricity sales from panel and project sales is an act of desperation. Cash flow structure is very different and separation makes valuation easier. Everybody knows this. How problematic 1b in debt vs 600m cash is depends on whether it's debt supporting manufacturing or electricity generation. Ignorance in market seems to cause difficulty to view CN4 differently than YGE among the commentators.

California’s ‘50% renewables by 2030’ legislation is passed: http://www.pv-tech.org/news/californias_50_renewables_by_2030_legislation_is_passed_and_hailed_as_huge

I would have thought FSLR would have gotten a lift on this news....    guess thats what I get for thinking........ they are getting hit hard this morning

Edited by sac_solar

I would have thought FSLR would have gotten a lift on this news....    guess thats what I get for thinking........ they are getting hit hard this morning

Something seems to be up with FSLR. It stands out today (not counting overleveraged cos like SUNE and YGE).

Explo or others who live in Germany, I am on a business trip in Berlin for the week. Is it safe to login my trading account with iphone through hotel wifi to trade? By the way, love the city and people here. Thanks.

Explo or others who live in Germany, I am on a business trip in Berlin for the week. Is it safe to login my trading account with iphone through hotel wifi to trade? By the way, love the city and people here. Thanks.

Not specific to Germany or Berlin, but I use hotel WiFi to login assuming it's safe when I travel. 

Gutting these stocks on interest rate fears before Fed rate hike.  When the hike comes, these stocks will bounce back -- the American solar company names.  Still waiting for other shoe to drop in China.  May or may not.

as for news, I have read some conservative estimates about grid parity even as every company continues to cut costs.  Perhaps they are averaging in all the less efficient companies.  The big names will gain more market share then, and quickly -- CN4 plus FSLR, SUNE and SPWR.  

If they can lower panel costs, installation costs, and finance costs, this pie is gonna grow much bigger and so is their share.

Deutsche Bank has the stock rated Buy with a $28 price target. The Thomson/First Call consensus target price is $27. The shares closed trading Monday at an incredibly low $10.60.

Well it depends on view of incredibly low price.

SUNE PB: 5.23
SUNE EV/Sales: 5.25
JASO PB: 0.45
JASO EV/Sales: 0.44

SUNE has more than a factor 10 higher valuation multiples. Not exactly incredibly cheap, but rather room to become cheaper compared to profitable peers in my view. Above multiples look mainly at price of revenue value and BS value without considering profits. Normally more (higher multiples) is paid if there's profitable operation. Here the opposite is the case.

Deutsche Bank has the stock rated Buy with a $28 price target. The Thomson/First Call consensus target price is $27. The shares closed trading Monday at an incredibly low $10.60.

Well it depends on view of incredibly low price.

SUNE PB: 5.23
SUNE EV/Sales: 5.25
JASO PB: 0.45
JASO EV/Sales: 0.44

SUNE has more than a factor 10 higher valuation multiples. Not exactly incredibly cheap, but rather room to become cheaper compared to profitable peers in my view. Above multiples look mainly at price of revenue value and BS value without considering profits. Normally more (higher multiples) is paid if there's profitable operation. Here the opposite is the case.

Well, there are a number of ways of looking at SUNE, and JASO, for that matter.  But one thing is clear: the discount for being a Chinese module supplier is very high right now.  People are not excited about JASO, outside of the buyout, and they are more excited about the American project developers. 

And two months ago, those American companies were viewed in a different way than they were now.  This whole game, we are just pawns unless you are playing with tens of millions, at least.  

Cross between a popularity contest and Illuminati.

On top of what I said, I think it's still about cost and reputation.  And a handful of companies will rise up to the top. CN4 plus Westnern3.  We just have to make sure the China build out does not collapse and ITC does not gut the market.  

Pluses are India, grid parity, climate summit, Latin America, 2016 ITC rush, Middle East, some markets growing by 500 to 1000% or whatever, recovery of southern Europe(?), where there is grid parity; growing grid parity in Australia, growing grid parity in USA, Asia, Africa, Latin America.  

Grid parity!!!  Socket parity!  I see 2016 as a great year.  China stimulus should be at full bloom if it is needed.  US ITC rush.  India full ramp, kinks worked out.  Latin America grid parity acceleration.  Australia sheds need for government support.  Climate change more urgent!

• Upvote 1

Module prices up again according to pv insights. Heating demand from china and emerging markets. Looks like the promised shortage is in development.

And PV grade poly falls below $15. This is good for margin expansion in wafer-cell-module chain.

http://pvinsights.com/