dydo

Solar News

the pro SA article available to the public.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3302415-anti-dumping-duties-can-knock-the-wind-out-of-canadian-solar

I feel sorry for the public, who will sell the stock on tariffs affecting Canadian, especially when duties in the US should drop 50% in two days. The lack of basic understanding of the Canadian's business, calling Canada a significant market, ignoring 500MW, still the largest North American capacity, I feel hopeless.

shanghai composite yes... hang seng is getting drubbed, down 3+%... pretty big move for that indice... it's swings aren't neared as dramatic as the shanghai is

if you wondering why is because the Western investors able to trade there and major western brokers doing the brokering.

the pro SA article available to the public.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/3302415-anti-dumping-duties-can-knock-the-wind-out-of-canadian-solar

I feel sorry for the public, who will sell the stock on tariffs affecting Canadian, especially when duties in the US should drop 50% in two days. The lack of basic understanding of the Canadian's business, calling Canada a significant market, ignoring 500MW, still the largest North American capacity, I feel hopeless.

It really is sad that article like that sees the light of day. Unreal.

It really is sad that article like that sees the light of day. Unreal.

Pop, this is a perfect example how ignorance hands down opportunity. People who read this article first paid $200 per month for the first look. Perception is reality, I wish I was able to have money to gain in those obvious circumstances.

indices are up in China, yet solar stocks are getting killed. I guess Hong Kong is not.

Are these really down as much as 23%??   Un f*n believable.

Shanghai is just flat because China is now buying stocks (like Japan), but only blue chip. However, the regular investor who margined up to buy at peaks, already is down 30% straight, probably wiped out taking leverage into account. The 8% bounce vanished in a few hours. HK  now down 4.75% and falling like a knife.

Wow that's a surprising development. Hopefully it won't apply to other CN4. Trina made a big investment commitment in Thailand. May Malaysia didn't see Trina as committed as the others.

Hang Seng down 3.2%, Shanghai up 2.4%, Europe down about 1.5%, Solarworld down about 0.5%, so it does not look to bad. I think for europe all depends on how the greek no is dealt with the next few days. And Asia - we'll see..

I realize the index is down but to take some of these solars down 20-25% is incredible. Anyone else see any other solar specific news?

Only thing I see is oil down 4%. I had hoped that correlation with solar had been broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Solar stocks on China's Index still need to lose an additional 75% more before they could be on par with the dirt cheap valuation of US China listed Solar's.

Only thing I see is oil down 4%. I had hoped that correlation with solar had been broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sell off in China is small-cap related. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-06/china-s-stock-index-futures-jump-in-singapore-on-more-measures

Gintech reported results for June and the Q2, prices up on demand during the quarter.

Wow that's a surprising development. Hopefully it won't apply to other CN4. Trina made a big investment commitment in Thailand. May Malaysia didn't see Trina as committed as the others.

Wasn't JKS already starting production in Q2? I hope they are not playing this the way JA played SA. 150MW that never was.

Wasn't JKS already starting production in Q2? I hope they are not playing this the way JA played SA. 150MW that never was.

JKS' is legit. They discussed it in Q1 ER as 25-30% GM business for Q3 and Q4. Also, separately there was a PR in late May that operations have commenced. 

JKS' is legit. They discussed it in Q1 ER as 25-30% GM business for Q3 and Q4. Also, separately there was a PR in late May that operations have commenced. 

I meant Trina. This is not going to put a lot points for the reputation of the company, and rather unusual take by the government.

On the other hand Jinko is among both US companies and Hanwha. What about JA, do you guys think that factory is being build or just words against the wind?

I am hoping that we may see a reversal today. FSLR oversold big time RSI at 23.

• Upvote 1

Oops.

You would think news like that would sell Trina the most, instead, Jinko is being sold hard. Nothing about this market speaks any volume on understanding solar business. Very annoying. Is this the industry still considered as novelty or people out there choose to be clueless?

This popped up on my search for latest article on decision...

www.solarreviews.com › remote › viewc...

15 mins ago - WTO Finds US Violated Trade Rules in Implementing Solar Tariffs on China

Won't open link though

Great opportunity for another company to make a bid on JASO slightly above the current bid and getting a company with the best technology for a crazy low price. Would not surprise me if such an offer is coming soon.

Lucky