odyd

Solar News

19,525 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, explo said:

I expected the confirmation to come the coming week when ASPs are published on pvinsights on Wednesday, but it seems we can be quite sure about the green light on Wednesday. Gordo turned bullish already and he usually needs a screaming big green light to turn positive on the sector. The mid 2017 deadline before China FiT cut is expected to cause a demand surge..

I saw Gordo do a 180 recently, he is a piece of work.  Although finally agree with him at least somewhat on his call.  At these levels it would be stupid  to short sector with the surprised surge in spot prices.  Long term I'm very cautious but short term I think sector is set up for a great trade on long side.

Agree on the short-term.

Long-term it's been a poor investment the past 10 years. This has caused many to give up the idea that best of sector stocks can be good long-term (over say 30 years) investments at all. At least it is unlikely that with the past 10 years included that the best of sector names will be consider good stock investments 20 years from now on a risk-adjusted basis. The past can't be changed but I still haven't given up on them being good long-term investments starting here. Unfortunately the best long-term CN options is being taken private.

Trump's promise to save the coal industry seems futile.

Nearly half of US coal is produced by companies that have declared bankruptcy — and Trump won’t fix that

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/us-coal-bankruptcy-trump-2016-12?r=US&IR=T

Edited by explo

14 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

This seems like big news:

https://www.pv-magazine.com/2016/12/21/eu-commission-recommends-two-year-extension-of-solar-tariffs-against-china-mip-to-be-lowered/

EU extends solar tariffs for 2 years.  Is this bad for the CN solar stocks?

It's probably good for CN4 who have all (?) already withdrawn from the MIP deal after globalizing their manufacturing base, because it is bad news for second tier CN companies who have not.

Edited by explo