dydo

Solar News

48 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

GTM Research forecasting global solar market to fall to 85.2GW in 2018
https://www.pv-tech.org/news/gtm-research-forecasting-global-solar-market-to-fall-to-85.2gw-in-2018

Also interesting to see how the market grows to 120GW in 2020 but stays flat from there on.  Looks like they haven't drunk the grid parity Kool-Aid yet.

Something fishy about that report. They say they expect China to do 28.5GW for 2018, yet they acknowledge $24.3GW was installed in the first half and that DG and top runner is ongoing. That forcast is in odds with some of the comments in the article of 

"

However, PV Tech recently reported official China PV installations figures for the first half of 2018, that new solar PV installations in the country reached 24.3GW in the first half of 2018.

China installation programs regarding ‘Top Runner’ and ‘Poverty Alleviation’, which are primarily carried-out in the second half of the year have not been curtailed, which led Rongfang Yin, vice president of Trina Solar Group, the second largest ‘Silicon Module Super League’ (SMSL) member, in an exclusive interview with PV Tech to highlight demand was still higher than many expected.

“There has been a lot of discussion within the industry on this and many expect PV installations to total around 30GW this year. In my opinion given the different markets including residential in my view we are looking at a 35GW to 37GW market," commented Yin."

I guess the US is planning to power things with Trump gas.  Or maybe a wind turbine that sits in front of his mouth.

• Like 1