dydo

Solar News

Did you all read this article?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/crony-capitalism-masquerading-as-trade-protectionism-in-the-solar-panel-industry/article/2624964

A bit of hope in there:

"Suniva's dependence on the government could account for its strong ties to Hillary Clinton"

Maybe Trump will stick to the basic anti Clinton, anti Obama plan & will ignore the Suniva request.  

Also Solarworld is from Germany... that country with the woman that embarrassed him on the world stage!

This idea about panels on the Mexican wall is pure greenwashing.  A fact obvious I'm sure to all of you.

I was in Morocco this past fall - at the same time as the final Paris Summit meeting & signing.

On the drive, we stopped along the highway next to a strangely installed set of solar panels.  They were installed like a wall, perpendicular to the ground. 

Around back I saw clearly that none of the panels were connected to anything.

I wonder what part of panels worldwide are sold as pure decoration.

10 hours ago, sunnypease said:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/06/trump-reportedly-floats-putting-solar-panels-on-his-border-wall.html

Trump yesterday suggested that the US pay for the Mexican wall by putting solar panels on it.

Not sure if he was serious or what...

Nice that he can see solar panels as part of a solution. Maybe a seed is planted in his brain now.

15 hours ago, explo said:

Nice that he can see solar panels as part of a solution. Maybe a seed is planted in his brain now.

Something definitely planted in his brain.  Might be a squash or pumpkin though.

Article on DQ on SA: (about to read it now)

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4079518-paris-chongqing-long-daqo

2 hours ago, SolarRoof said:

I find it spiritually uplifting to read articles like that.  Thanks for sharing.

It's amazing how solar has come down in cost.  

pulling coal out of the ground, collecting it, transporting it, and then burning it and maintaining the equipment to burn it just sounds expensive.  Then again there is a lot of energy locked into those rocks.

Solar is so much better.  Make it once, install it & pretty much forget about it for 20+ years.

It's been clear for years that the planet will gain from renewables inevitable dominance, but will investors to the same extent? To me the pace of progress this decade is amazing. In 2010 we had come a long way as panel prices dipped as low as $1.50 before rebounding to $1.80 as shortage set in. I then had a dream that continued progress would lead to new massive panel price milestones of $0.50 before the end of this decade and $0.30 before end of the next decade. These milestones would massively expand the geographical grid parity footprint. I can't believe how much ahead of this schedule we are and I believe  that there is still plenty of room for demand response to this colossal change in solar economics. I think we now are again ahead on the panel side and panels might be entitled to some margin expansion as BOS has to compress a little to keep up with the pace panels has shown the last couple of years.

Edited by explo