Sign in to follow this  
dydo

JA Solar (JASO)

My only comment for the forthcoming quarter with JASO, I do not have feeling that they will do well and we should not expect this to be trend for others.

I have not done a lot of home work on income statement. I am expecting them give an upbeat view for third quarter, which should be shared by all.

I hope Sunny and Explo could add their views.

Agree odyd. Q2 result might not be much to cheer about, but guidance will most likely be.

on the CC,  someone will ask or they will volunteer information on the "taking private offer",    I think no matter what they say, this will help to support the stock. ?

1) if they say they have rejected the offer because they value the company higher, this could be good for a valuation reason

2) if they say they have accepted the offer, this will boost the stock with a huge spike up

3) if they say they are still looking at it, this should also support the stock price, as its still a possible outcome

Like all three of those, there is one other option though, albeit unfavourable. The offer is being withdrawn because they think it's to high. LOL. Wouldn't put anything past Baofang.

Looking for a run up to the close, otherwise I think the offer is dead in the water

The stock is trading like the Offer is dead in the water and so did DSKY. At one point it was trading under $10 after the Offer was announced, 40% away from the Offer of $14 and now trades at $12. DSKY offered a discount to the Buy Out from the close price of the day before  proposal announcement. Many of the stocks that announced a Buy Out are trading less than 15% away from the Buy Out Proposal and some even 10% away.. We have to remember Solar stocks tend to be thinly traded and are manipulated easily.. I guess tomorrow we find out more and if none of the analyst ask about the Buy Out Offer Ill take that as a good sign.

CNIT has a 70% upside to the Buy Out Offer of $4.33 but this Company is showing way to much debt to Equity to leverage a Buy Out. QIHU has an upside between 18 & 19% at current price with Buy Out Offer at $77.

Like all three of those, there is one other option though, albeit unfavourable. The offer is being withdrawn because they think it's to high. LOL. Wouldn't put anything past Baofang.

Looking for a run up to the close, otherwise I think the offer is dead in the water

Looking like a nice close coming off in JASO. Probably just sympathy with the rest. But usually the price is kept in check when the rest run, interesting

JA Solar Holdings Co Ltd - ADR (-).png

someone bought  ~600 aug 21 calls at the $8 strike a minute before the close

Edited by disdaniel
  • Upvote 1

That is a very nice surprise in results, volume especially. 45% in China, wow, China was my point of worry to supplement the CEDR and it came nicely through. GM was good as well.

Going to be interesting how the offer is going to play out. Doubtful it would go through at the 9.69 level. Not with these results. Anyone got a link for the conference call? 

I am wondering about this

The sequential increase in gross margin was primarily due to a higher percentage of revenue from downstream projects and continued cost reduction, which offset a slight decline in ASP.

They also bought shares out of all quarters in one that chairman makes offer for the company, that is not the move to make.

They just killed any hopes for improvement on FiT payments. Something JKS was hoping to have. Their buyback helping chairman, their sandbagging of the result, flat ASP expectation, while there is clear indication ASP has increased in Q3, just not sure of the company's intentions. I suspect they are working on to be bought.

I am wondering about this

The sequential increase in gross margin was primarily due to a higher percentage of revenue from downstream projects and continued cost reduction, which offset a slight decline in ASP.

They also bought shares out of all quarters in one that chairman makes offer for the company, that is not the move to make.

Yes I wonder if that is just electricity sales revenue or some pipeline divesting.

Buy back is good news to me. Wish they bought back more.

China demand sounds positive. FIT collection remains a concern. Japan started a nuclear plant today. ASPs are continuing their downward trend over there. That should help project economics for those upcoming. Unless contracts are in place without hedges or exemptions. Perhaps this will lift project valuations?

With glowing ER that JASO just had, I thought it would be trading in the 9's, and yet it goes red.  Can't make a buck in this market.  Impressed with the numbers, disappointed in the share price. 

With glowing ER that JASO just had, I thought it would be trading in the 9's, and yet it goes red.  Can't make a buck in this market.  Impressed with the numbers, disappointed in the share price. 

Patience. PB goes down on three events:

1. PPS goes down
  2. Profit is printed
  3. Shares are bought back (below PB 1)

All is happening for JASO and sooner than later the PPS will be unsustainable cheap. Who doesn't want to buy 1 dollar for less than 50 cents and get growing profitable operations as a bonus? Compare to CSIQ where you pay 2 dollar for 1 dollar as a premium for the growing profitable operations.

I have been telling myself to be patience with JASO for the past year.  It could be the case of throwing baby with the bath water.  Others are falling hard.  It might be a good thing to hold JASO (compared to other solars).  Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Anyone feel good about upcoming TSL ER? Adding? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

US exposure. Might have sold based on expected lower tariff, instead they got higher than they had before.

US exposure. Might have sold based on expected lower tariff, instead they got higher than they had before.

Based on JASO results, will not they also do well in China ?

Thanks