Sign in to follow this  
dydo

JA Solar (JASO)

7 hours ago, MVA said:

So, 10% can block the deal? 

"if at the time when the shareholders' approval is obtained, the holders of more than 10% of ordinary shares have validly served notices of objection, and within 10 business days the Parent Parties have not granted an irrevocable waiver of this condition, either the Company or the Parent Parties may terminate the Merger Agreement."

It reads that the company or the parent parties have the right to cancel the buyout. I doubt that happens as you know who runs the company.

5 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

JASO CFO getting the ax for cooking the books.

Oh, comon, Klothilde.  You know that humor will be unwelcomed here!  :)

I'm trying to time a share purchase that gets me the max % gain with least time holding.  Looking to buy some shares starting next week.

22 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

You may not be far off.  In order to get a low price I felt positive news wasn't released regularly and the possibility existed that profits were lowballed wherever they could.  I think this company may have pent up profits to report (or not report publicly when buyout happens).

17 hours ago, Klothilde said:

That sounds like a creative way to interpret their statement:

Herman Zhao has resigned as Chief Financial Officer effective March 27, 2018 to pursue other interests.

"We thank Herman for his many years of service to JA Solar.  We respect his decision and wish him the very best in his future endeavors." 

The Company noted that there are no issues involving the Company’s financial statements, internal controls or financial reporting procedures that led to Mr. Zhao’s departure.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ja-solar-announces-resignation-chief-123000469.html

Edited by explo

Buy at $6.20 and sell at $7.55.  22% return in no time.  Sounds delicious.  What am I missing?

Or is the deal falling apart?

7 minutes ago, Klothilde said:

Buy at $6.20 and sell at $7.55.  22% return in no time.  Sounds delicious.  What am I missing?

Or is the deal falling apart?

I agree. Lots of uncertainty causing price to erode. But I do not see that much risk at these level even if the deal fails. I contacted IR and finally got a reply. Here is it for those of you who are interested.

"Hi Joe-
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
The transaction is now going through the process of getting approval from the government, which could take a few weeks to a month or so. Note that it’s completely beyond our control, and it’s just difficult to predict the timing at this point.
For the waiver, we don’t have any update on that front. Please stay tuned, and we will update the market once the information is available.
Regards,
Ralph"

I can't imagine any of this poses a threat to the go private, really.  I mean say worst case they cooked the books AND stole secrets from Solar World... neither of which I believe is actually true.  With China wanting to get their companies to re-list there, why would they block this transaction?  They wouldn't... they'd just want to get it back home where they can shield the company from such accusations. I'm gonna add some next week... I need to sell out of of some FSLR first.

3 hours ago, disdaniel said:

bought a few shares at $6.21

I must say, you had some great timing on that one. Good job!

4 minutes ago, singular said:

I must say, you had some great timing on that one. Good job!

Thanks, it was good! much better than I expected

59 minutes ago, disdaniel said:

Thanks, it was good! much better than I expected

Good job!  After I saw your post, I tried to buy, but missed it by a penny.  I think you got a good price.

Sold JASO at $6.81.

Quick trade, I'm sure I left some money on the table but the markets look very sloppy today.

32 minutes ago, disdaniel said:

Sold JASO at $6.81.

Quick trade, I'm sure I left some money on the table but the markets look very sloppy today.

You did well. Great trade! I think the buyout will go through and it will get 7.55, but there is still a lot of uncertainty and the markets look very shaky right now. Nicely done, especially considering what the market is doing.