Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Bloom Energy Corporation (BE)

Nice move today, I wish we knew more about the company.

@ghouston can you provide a view why this is a good investment? Thanks

41 minutes ago, dydo said:

Nice move today, I wish we knew more about the company.

@ghouston can you provide a view why this is a good investment? Thanks

I remember the launch of "BE" company back in 2010. They use natgas to generate electricity with solid-oxide fuel cell systems. The whole concept is still dependent on fossil fuel consumption (although biogas and hydrogen can be used as well). It is a bit anecdotal to discuss this company on solar forum... :-)))))))

3 hours ago, MVA said:

I remember the launch of "BE" company back in 2010. They use natgas to generate electricity with solid-oxide fuel cell systems. The whole concept is still dependent on fossil fuel consumption (although biogas and hydrogen can be used as well). It is a bit anecdotal to discuss this company on solar forum... :-)))))))

I guess they got me at hydrogen,

4 hours ago, MVA said:

It is a bit anecdotal to discuss this company on solar forum... :-)))))))

tomorrow's DIRECT competition, or allies:); is not to be underestimated...very clean energy,see plug power too. and without the questionable ecological disadvantages of  solar. 

Edited by jacques

Candidly, I"m neither a scientist nor a stock analyst.  I came to ELSE through BE forums.  I've been a long time investor in Bloom since taking a look at what I perceived to be real long term potential for growth.  Anything I might share here can be readily observed and read about at the company site www.bloomenergy.com   All the financials are there.

What initially attracted me were the minds from NASA that formed the company.  Other highly respectable and well known people are on the Board - Colin Powell, to name just one.   Lately Jeff Immelt joined.  Now, you might be concerned there since his story with General Electric is often criticized.  And he appears to have recently influenced the selection of the new CFO (also formerly of GE).  

It is alternative energy, even when a portion is fossil based.  Hydrogen is part of the attractive story.   The Clients shown on the web site are just home run names.  OMG, these are power players electing Bloom for 'always on' power sourcing.

The accounting issues are uncomfortable.  However, I think with public pressure and transparency as they raise capital as needed during the next 18 months, the company valuation will grow significantly.  

There is a group of shorting investors that are putting heavy pressure on the stock, and I think they will lose big, if the capital markets continue to support Bloom.