Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

Reread this I'm not sure this would effect any of the CN as they get their glass from China. Noticed the sell off happened as soon as the news was released. Wonder if it's being confused with anti dumping tariff?

Edited by polarsparkie

this is only for "glass"

EU increases anti-dumping rates on Chinese solar glass

this is only for "glass"

EU increases anti-dumping rates on Chinese solar glass

Reread this I'm not sure this would effect any of the CN as they get their glass from China. Noticed the sell off happened as soon as the news was released. Wonder if it's being confused with anti dumping tariff?

Only CN that's bucking the trend is TSL, could be technical or? 

I've added to CSIQ and JKS tight stops

Part technical, part earnings.  Looking for a beat, a raise and some big news.

My bad. News was released 14:28, I thought it said 15:28 (GMT) which would have been cock on when we started selling off. Only other noticeable cause was oil.

US Light Crude (-).png

cheap oil will prove a wind at the back for oil.  cheaper inputs, transport, more consumer cash available.

Utilities are goign to move away from oil no matter what the price is -- it's about the emissions.  

Utilities will pay premium for solar, wind, renewables.

If oil gets to 35, we will see new oil taxes and funds for new solar and wind projects worldwide.  And there will be new policies to combat oil usage -- to prevent further climate change.

It has been at a high of 102 degrees average for this month in Austin.  This weather has been this bad for ten years now.  Before 1997, the typical week would be high of 95 or so.

We had a bizarre June and early July.  All rain.  Before that, it was several years of drought, had to take a ladder down to the lake shore.

Also, Texas is hitting new highs each day for electricity usage -- way over capacity.  The heat is causing huge, huge overuse of air conditioning.

They talk about 2 degrees increase in temperature,  the Texas summers have been more like a 7 degree increase from before 1997.

cheap oil will prove a wind at the back for oil.  cheaper inputs, transport, more consumer cash available.

Utilities are goign to move away from oil no matter what the price is -- it's about the emissions.  

Utilities will pay premium for solar, wind, renewables.

If oil gets to 35, we will see new oil taxes and funds for new solar and wind projects worldwide.  And there will be new policies to combat oil usage -- to prevent further climate change.

It has been at a high of 102 degrees average for this month in Austin.  This weather has been this bad for ten years now.  Before 1997, the typical week would be high of 95 or so.

We had a bizarre June and early July.  All rain.  Before that, it was several years of drought, had to take a ladder down to the lake shore.

In the long run oil at 35 will be good for solar and other renewables but short term solar will fall in sympathy with oil, until someone turns the algo off. If the bottom is not in today, we will be at 35 in a month.

US Light Crude (-).png

Polar ... can't say I'm an options expert, but based on max pain theory ... looks like the $25 strike is for today and next week (at least as of today) ... the max pain strike is $26.

Of course earnings can change all of this dramatically.

Implied Volatility for the 26 Strike is 94% for the Call and 102% for the Put for next next week. 

Edited by uchsteve
  • Upvote 1

I put in an order to sell 20 csiq August 24 calls at the ask when the price hit 25.5 and the stock dropped like a rock the moment I confirmed...wondering if my order was a sign to the high freq traders--I know it's just coincidence but it's a little spooky Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the warrants of JASO will expire on coming Sunday or Tuesday. My bet is that this is one of the reasons for the manipulation of the stock and maybe shortly after this date the bid is confirmed. Maybe this is also the reason why JASO is gaining today.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Lucky 

Edited by luckygoose
  • Upvote 2

I think the warrants of JASO will expire on coming Sunday or Tuesday. My bet is that this is one of the reasons for the manipulation of the stock and maybe shortly after this date the bid is confirmed. Maybe this is also the reason why JASO is gaining today.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Lucky 

I too was waiting for this and thouht there would be some movement and possibly some News next week.

well I sold 10% of JKS last Friday thinking there would be a dip today.......  I got half of that back at 22.3,  but now find myself chasing the rise for the other half....

JA Solar is a better premium to the Offer than I think all others exception QIHU atm and CNIT which CNIT doesn't show necessary financial criteria to go Private. Interesting story Xueda Offer increased 65% from the Original, author of SA is calling this a good  buy with an 8% upside at where it is today. http://seekingalpha.com/article/3444006-income-seekers-dont-miss-xueda-education-group

Edited by Julyw

well I sold 10% of JKS last Friday thinking there would be a dip today.......  I got half of that back at 22.3,  but now find myself chasing the rise for the other half....

well, got back other half at around 22.7 average,  so its basically a wash,  win some, lose some