Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

You are forgetting cash from operating plants and asset sales.  They get money from equity sale, debt sale, dividends from projects (TERPs), and drop down "sales".

Money from projects is 80% given back to banks since it is borrowed. 20% left is already borrowed elsewhere or has been acquired from equity.  Further that 20% is less interest payment. Their margins are 8% on solar plants. I am not forgetting anything, I have covered all the basis of it. Look at their income statement. I said two days ago I hope nobody is attracted to SUNE because it is going cheaper. Today got 25%, I would not be found near it. 

Now it is a game who will take a bait and buy shares of it tomorrow , because it is cheap. The operation is insolvent and will never make money, they say now till 2017. This is going to be $5 in 6 months. That is my expectation.

I like how analysts say market is in disconnect on SUNE. What is in disconnect is their market cap and balance sheet.,

• Upvote 1

This is going to be $5 in 6 months. That is my expectation.

And you think it is going straight down?

RSI is already under 15...

And you think it is going straight down?

RSI is already under 15...

No, it is going to go up, but I talked about the institutions abandoning it. Now they are working to lift it of the current level so more shares will be sold to "opportunity" buyers.

The cat is out of the bag, however. It will drift in my opinion. Technical data means little if your operation cannot pay interest. $146M in interest, on $400M in revenue. Operation $263M under the water before the payment. 

Edited by odyd

No, it is going to go up, but I talked about the institutions abandoning it. Now they are working to lift it of the current level so more shares will be sold to "opportunity" buyers.

The cat is out of the bag, however. It will drift in my opinion. Technical data means little if your operation cannot pay interest. $146M in interest, on $400M in revenue. Operation $263M under the water before the payment. 

Good analysis throughout this thread on SUNE.  Let me ask you, SUNE aside, are there any analysts that you genuinely trust/respect across the board in solar?  Or is it totally a case by case, company by company thing?  I'm generally distrustful of them all, but obviously everyone's opinion need be taken into some consideration.

Good analysis throughout this thread on SUNE.  Let me ask you, SUNE aside, are there any analysts that you genuinely trust/respect across the board in solar?  Or is it totally a case by case, company by company thing?  I'm generally distrustful of them all, but obviously everyone's opinion need be taken into some consideration.

I do not trust analysts, sometimes I doubt myself.LOL Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

Some people are going to lose their jobs over SUNE this week.  It never should have gone so high, but I'm still expecting a bounce next week.

Explo, is it time to switch back into Jaso and Dq from Fslr?

will have a look later, but will probably stick with current allocation. Both are in good position to get some momentum.

Explo/Sunny/Odyd and others,

Seeking your opinion on DQ at these levels.

Thanks

Ming Yang new CFO of DQ, iMing Yangs job at JA Solar was complete when JA announced The Proposal to go Private IMO. Ming Yang worked in WS for years before as an analyst covering the renewable energy sector at Coatue Management, a multi-billion dollar hedge fund based in New  York. Before that, he was vice president and senior China analyst at Piper Jaffray based in New York and Shanghai, where he was a core member of the global cleantech team and covered the solar energy and semiconductor materials sectorsMing Yang was VP in charge of corporate communications, finance  and business development at JA Solarand well connected in Wall Streets Hedge fund circle. JA Solar share price never changed or showed price appreciation while Mr. Yang was in charge of strategy, development or  corporate communications Yang has quite an extensive background with WS I think Ming Yangs Strategies may conflict with the retail investor. JA & DQ both did a 5 for 1 R/S and works to minimize shareholder voting percent. http://dqsolar.investorroom.com/2015-06-30-Daqo-New-Energy-Announces-Appointment-of-Ming-Yang-as-Chief-Financial-Officer-and-Shihua-Su-as-Chief-Marketing-Officer

Edited by Julyw

will have a look later, but will probably stick with current allocation. Both are in good position to get some momentum.

Move from 50/50 to 56/44 JASO/FSLR to take some profits on FSLR off the table.

still out on vkay but have GTC sell limits in place for FSLR and SPWR at $55 and $31 respectively... wondering if that FSLR target is set too low..

Edited by bodhi

Looking for an earnings pop tomorrow explo?

I do. Cell and wafer pricing has moved in their favor lately. This will at least be reflected in guidance.

Good action on FSLR, looking to SUNE to go red . Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Poly pricing is still depressed. I see no rush. They also depreciate assets very slowly now, so EPS is a bit inflated. Also FSLR turned out to be an alternative poly pricing hedge for me. More liquid stock and solid BS company.

Good action on FSLR, looking to SUNE to go red . Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I would rather to see SUNE bottomed here. I don't want to see another crash on SUNE, it is not a good sign for YieldCo.

Edited by hellosolar

I would rather to see SUNE bottomed here. I don't want to see another crash on SUNE, it is not a good sign for YieldCo.

This is not about yieldco. It is about developer, which is broken. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

SUNE down from 30 to 15 50% drop.....  several buy and strong buy recommendations....  Im so tempted,  just for a bounce......  but I have my plays in already for other names

SUNE down from 30 to 15 50% drop.....  several buy and strong buy recommendations....  Im so tempted,  just for a bounce......  but I have my plays in already for other names

Filled this mornings gap. If your going long for a day trade it's now. Use a tight stop because if this goes negative I think momentum will pickup to the downside 

SunEdison Inc (-).png