Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

I bought JKS with FSLR. Now I am fully loaded. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm going to make a move to JKS too, but not yet.  I think FSLR has plenty more room to run.  I'm going to switch to JKS closer to their earnings day.

Edited by Pop2mollys

sold half my FSLR, sold my weekly CSIQ calls, used money to buy CSIQ oct calls  bought JKS calls (averaging down mostly)

What is your target for fslr?

the street had a 20X multiple on FSLR at $45 level right before earnings based on forecasts ($2.30).  Now a 20X multiple on $3.45(midrange guidance) puts stock at $69 level.  Street has to readjust all expectations.  

Im not sure when I will flip it but I think it's going to run quite a bit more.  

Edited by Pop2mollys

Certainly.  I'm expecting them to and expecting to cash in on both.  Just looking for bigger move from Trina.

Seems nobody is interested in CSIQ now, but it could have a good surprise for any news that we are looking for before. Pop, are you thinking to load any CSIQ in the near term. I am still holding some of my longtime CSIQ.

Seems nobody is interested in CSIQ now, but it could have a good surprise for any news that we are looking for before. Pop, are you thinking to load any CSIQ in the near term. I am still holding some of my longtime CSIQ.

my view on CSIQ was if it filled GAP at $22 level I thought about switching at least some money to it.  If gap doesn't fill or no major news announced I think I'm going to sit on sidelines until earnings day.  I lost some respect for management after Investors day.  I need to see how they deliver on CC.  So it's more of a wait and see.  I'm also curious what happened to phase III Samsung announcement which Ed told me was to be delivered later in Q2 if won.

Edited by Pop2mollys

my view on CSIQ was if it filled GAP at $22 level I thought about switching at least some money to it.  If gap doesn't fill or no major news announced I think I'm going to sit on sidelines until earnings day.  I lost some respect for management after Investors day.  I need to see how they deliver on CC.  So it's more of a wait and see.  I'm also curious what happened to phase III Samsung announcement which Ed told me was to be delivered later in Q2 if won.

Yes , Samsung Phase III should be announced very soon. Also I think they should have some YieldCo IPO update soon if this is all their management is focused on. I am just keeping my old holdings now.

Funny, 2 guys on fast money both in FSLR, one short, one long. One short yesterday, so well shafted. Said don't care want anyone says oil/solar is connected. Retort from long, they tripled no.s. Silence

I bought JKS with FSLR. Now I am fully loaded. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I'm considering to cash some JKS today, and repurchase it tomorrow, some hours after SUNE earnings release..

It will not be as FSLR one, as like you say earlier, SUNE charm is gone..

I'm going to make a move to JKS too, but not yet.  I think FSLR has plenty more room to run.  I'm going to switch to JKS closer to their earnings day.

You are the man of the day

CONGRATS !!!!

The easiest way to check top right corner search. click on the white space, opens to the left, select members, type any id to pick it in the search, when clicked go to a personal page by clicking on the id. Explo was here on Monday night. Sunny 8 hours ago, why not posting? My and yours guess.

It will be interesting to see tomorrow what market will do with Chinese and FSLR and SPWR stocks. I expect smoke and mirrors, covering massive loss and huge debt level.

For all we know SUNE could go up. It would be a shame if FSLR or Chinese dive on SUNE's results, but tossing a dice on this one is pretty good call on expectations of a day.

It will be interesting to see tomorrow what market will do with Chinese and FSLR and SPWR stocks. I expect smoke and mirrors, covering massive loss and huge debt level.

For all we know SUNE could go up. It would be a shame if FSLR or Chinese dive on SUNE's results, but tossing a dice on this one is pretty good call on expectations of a day.

We have seen SUNE rocket up on horrible results in the past.  With the recent beat down on stock price I bet it moves higher.  It will be interesting to watch though.  What I can say as one who is holding FSLR right now I'm glad they reported before SUNE.  

Edited by Pop2mollys

You got it, tossing dice is how I'm viewing tomorrow's smoke and mirror show reaction too.  Just hoping we're all so beat down, we don't have much more damage to be done.  Then again, haven't been a lot of buyers for several weeks either. Any excuse to sell has been the mantra of late, but hoping all those sellers are nearly flushed out.  All the Chinese (TSL, JKS, CSIQ and JASO specifically) had about 30-35% short sales volume today as well, which doesn't surprise me much.  We all got 'stuck' at a point.  Seemed like things were being slowed... held up... call it what you will.  Shorts placing some bets (and adding onto existing positions most certainly) on SUNE tanking us all back down a few % tomorrow. 

All the Chinese (TSL, JKS, CSIQ and JASO specifically) had about 30-35% short sales volume today as well, which doesn't surprise me much.  We all got 'stuck' at a point.  Seemed like things were being slowed... held up... call it what you will.

Is this information about short sellers something I can find on my trading screen? or just your experience? (and the suspiciously flat line nearly all day after the initial jump?)

That is supercool! thanks Jacks.

It shows 44% of FSLR volume yesterday was short sales :-o

and nearly half the volume for the past 2 weeks has been short selling (ouch!)

oddly it shows only ~1/2 the volume/day that the exchange does...and it shows high short selling for a lot of stocks....that seems really strange