Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

What reaction did you expect. Check all the YieldCos, they are all in free fall and finally that bubble is popping. With that, any solar comp that is in project business can only go one direction. Valuation wise the problem is these YieldCos still look like they have a long way to go down until they don't incorporate irrational growth assumptions, especially TERP.

Edited by Makan

as if we didn't have enough problems.......  "Greece's stock market suffered heavy losses on Monday, plunging nearly 23 percent at the open before recovering slightly,"

The JKS Acc/Dist line has been in a bullish divergence most of the day.  HEY!  I know it may not mean much right now, but I gotta look for some positive technical.  I'm expecting a market yawn for Obama in a half hour.  News already priced in, courtesy of Mitch McConnell and Dept of Commerce/SolarWorld.

Edited by Jacks

i added a little fslr and csiq--i can't believe how any news, no matter what, is considered bad for solar the last few weeks!

Lemme guess, CNBC won't be covering Obama's speech.  It's about renewables and not nat gas or oil, what's the use?  Better to talk about Google and Disney.

What reaction did you expect. Check all the YieldCos, they are all in free fall and finally that bubble is popping. With that, any solar comp that is in project business can only go one direction. Valuation wise the problem is these YieldCos still look like they have a long way to go down until they don't incorporate irrational growth assumptions, especially TERP.

what bubble?  is there still a bubble?  I mean how much of a return do people need on these yieldcos?

Crazy that csiq and jks, the best off to do business in the US are being sold off hardest. I am pretty sure that the disconnect is the real reason than facts behind this sell off. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

what bubble?  is there still a bubble?  I mean how much of a return do people need on these yieldcos?

I mean TERP always did the trick to have their debt amortization scheduled in later years, like this they can show high CAFD and people equaled that as cash available for dividend etc. But this is rubbish, assets depreciate over time and there is expiry of PPA someday and so debt principal has to be paid back some day. Just because there is no debt payment in any period doesnt mean there is none to pay eventually, even more later but from what cash flows? Funny, before market valued all YieldCos approx. the same based on CAFD without regard how it was calculated! Other YieldCos that I saw at least have more reasonable CAFD calculation, but still valuation was quite high. GLBL is even larger junk than TERP, most of their MW-portfolio was still due to be bought from all kind of low quality countries. By right it is in free fall, I am amazed they were still able to dump this paper into the market, but plan was for around 20, now below 13 already. Abengoa parent today with cap raise and asset sales due to liquidity problems due to assets in too many emerging countries. So YieldCos were seen as savior? They had one. The yieldCo hype had run its course and is over now, now comes the time that will show who has the pants on, liquidity and flexibility in capital allocation will be king. Those drunken sailor companies that don't have enough liquidity or who have lousy projects with bad cash flows situation will enter stress.

Edited by Makan
  • Upvote 1

doubling down jks and csiq

Depending on FSLR tomorrow, I will be averaging on jks. Jks will have a good quarter. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

doubling down jks and csiq

You got balls man. Sitting on support with CSIQ, no near support on JKS and both are going to have a god awful daily bar. Volume high on CSIQ whilst low in JKS. Solar fallen as much as coal, go figure. lol

Depending on FSLR tomorrow, I will be averaging on jks. Jks will have a good quarter. Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

So are you  planning to fully loaded with JKS soon? But their ER is about two and half weeks away. There will be lots of thing happening between now and then.