Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

Reloaded everything in full... 3.5% lower than early morning sell. Should have sold out 2 weeks ago and been patient. Oh well... Think US tariffs will be halved and major rally will begin. RSI mid 20's, really not much to lose here.

That's the link:

http://www.pv-magazine.com/news/details/beitrag/us-solar-duty-violated-trade-rules--wto-finds_100015741/#axzz3fE4zS357

a morning thud with a mid day rally... that's usually the sign of capitulation.  if you don't believe me, check the charts... hoping we can claw back up about 20% from these levels

Polar looks like we might get that CSIQ hammer today... God Willing

Definitely showing strength, need confirmation on US tariff to put a base under this thing. China due for a dead cat bounce tonight at least

a morning thud with a mid day rally... that's usually the sign of capitulation. if you don't believe me, check the charts... hoping we can claw back up about 20% from these levels

From your lips to Gods ears. Forget the hammer on chart, it's going to be a long white candle. Beautiful.

Should hear on tariffs soon, if they are halved expect massive rally tomorrow. Margins will improve dramtically just as U.S. Explodes the next 1.5 years.

Nice hammers on both CSIQ and JKS today.  If we get follow through tomorrow, dare I say that today was capitulation?  Time will tell...

Moved to 100% JASO today. This is nuts. Couldn't resist the 6's when there's a bid for more than 40 million shares close to $10 albeit non-binding.

for those who always ponder out why doesn't XX company from our beloved's delist and go a chinese exchange?  look no further than the past few weeks... Stability is a beautiful thing when you run a billion dollar company, and no economy is more stable than the US, and no exchange is better

Man, China getting killed again. Looks like the only companies that haven't halted trading over there are the solars  :(

for those who always ponder out why doesn't XX company from our beloved's delist and go a chinese exchange?  look no further than the past few weeks... Stability is a beautiful thing when you run a billion dollar company, and no economy is more stable than the US, and no exchange is better

Stability? It wouldn't matter where are beloved's listed, they would still experience 7-10% swings for no apparent reason. US indicies near all time highs, CSIQ off 40% at one point.

Man, China getting killed again. Looks like the only companies that haven't halted trading over there are the solars :(

Man, this is brutal. Let's hope the ADRs don't follow China markets today. I'm not sure why they would. Not part of stock exchange pressure and lower interest rates and weaker RMB is golden for these companies with international sales and Chinese cost base. Past year a strong RMB have been a problem for them and all have been building factories outside China for cost diversification.

Seismic shift: No new solar PV manufacturing expansion plans announced for China in 1H 2015: http://www.pv-tech.org/news/seismic_shift_no_new_solar_pv_manufacturing_expansion_plans_announced_for_c

Good thing might be that this epidemic buy out and relist in China trend ends. Those who bought out and not yet relisted might start to worry. Hopefully Jin will reconsider and cancel his buy out offer.

Good thing might be that this epidemic buy out and relist in China trend ends. Those who bought out and not yet relisted might start to worry. Hopefully Jin will reconsider and cancel his buy out offer.

Doubt he will get financing from the banks anyways in this environment. But if the money shown on the balance sheet is really there it could be financed by the companies own assets. The problem in China is that 95% of stock holders are gamblers and they always run into same direction making this quick boom and busts possible. Wonder what happened to all these newly opened margin accounts over there. Sad.

Doubt he will get financing from the banks anyways in this environment. But if the money shown on the balance sheet is really there it could be financed by the companies own assets. The problem in China is that 95% of stock holders are gamblers and they always run into same direction making this quick boom and busts possible. Wonder what happened to all these newly opened margin accounts over there. Sad.

Yeah. Nothing wrong with some of the Chinese companies, so I'd hate to see am exodus from a "manipulated" to a "gamble" stock exchange. Honestly when it comes to stock exchanges my experience is that the ones in Europe behave least crazy. The economy and growth here is poor though (both differs by country but as a whole).

Yes I agree. My europe stocks are the ones pretty stable now and giving . I am always amazed how mad US exchanges are as there are better analysts over there. In US, companies that tend to have good business (even temporary) tend to be traded up to sky, and those with currently bad business climate tend to be dumped towards 0. In europe good material and junk is valued same, LOL, because most dont know what is a good and bad company here...;-)

The most China exposed of CN3+1 (JKS and TSL, in this order) are getting "killed" the most. While CSIQ's (the least exposed) PPS recovered significantly as compared to JKS' since intraday on Thursday (about $4 relative swing in CSIQ's favor).    

Moved to 100% JASO today. This is nuts. Couldn't resist the 6's when there's a bid for more than 40 million shares close to $10 albeit non-binding.

Am I the only one who thinks that Chinese bubble burst managed to puncture Jin's bubble of taking stock private? The action in JA is reflective of it. The last two days show that offer turned to a fairy tale and real interest is worth what we see. I hope I am wrong , but I need to point that offer is known to entire exchange, not just us here. If this was a solid set up you would never see a $7.00