Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

1 hour ago, SolarRoof said:

After a lot of ups and downs and wins and losses with most of the companies on this board, it's looking like ENPH will be the one to make it all worthwhile.  Read a lot about them and have their inverters on my roof (as well as SEDG string) and the ENPH is far superior in every way.  

I agree it's been quite a turnaround for ENPH.  Not sure if they are 100% out of the woods yet.

Also, when panels are so cheap... what is the purpose of ENPH micro-inverters anyhow?

If the idea is to increase efficiency of panels, then you could simply add more panels, probably for less money.

Micro-inverters are nice I guess because they allow you to turn off individual panels and more easily see how much you are generating?  Also they last longer than string inverters from what I understand.

Once batteries will be cheaper, a very simple system can be a bunch of 60 cell panels (around 28V output) hooked to some sort of controller. (such as these:  http://electrodacus.com) and hooked to a battery & EV.  

A 24V to 120V sine wave inverter can be used in the house for the few AC things you still have around that need that sort of power.

Looks like a red day for the world today, driven by a more red China. Sometimes I wonder which one, the US or CN stock market, has the biggest grip on the CN Solar ADRs. Let's see if they are immune today when China is selling. On daily basis they sometimes seem a bit immune to the US stock market movements.

Rough week on the market. It wiped out my gains from the past 5 weeks. This year has been like that.  A slow crawl up, then wham gone in 1 week or so. 2 of my accounts are under water, 3 accounts are up 4-6% for the year. Overall negative for the year. Plays in Tech, Marijuana and Lithium have not done well. The tried and true large cap dividend  has fared better.

4 hours ago, SCSolar said:

Rough week on the market. It wiped out my gains from the past 5 weeks. This year has been like that.  A slow crawl up, then wham gone in 1 week or so. 2 of my accounts are under water, 3 accounts are up 4-6% for the year. Overall negative for the year. Plays in Tech, Marijuana and Lithium have not done well. The tried and true large cap dividend  has fared better.

Same here. Barely above water for the year.

One of the worst years to date for me. Still invested, hoping for a recovery in 2019. A lot of value created by selloffs in a variety of sectors. Holding positions until money is made. Enjoy the Holiday Season and have a Happy New Year

2 hours ago, dydo said:

One of the worst years to date for me. Still invested, hoping for a recovery in 2019. A lot of value created by selloffs in a variety of sectors. Holding positions until money is made. Enjoy the Holiday Season and have a Happy New Year

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year to you too Robert! All the Best!!!