Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

Is this Trumps solar wall with Mexico reaction? There will be a lot of bagholders left if the case.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

DQ buy filled. JKS sell filled. Reallocation to equal JKS/JASO (resulting in all 4 holdings being equal weighted now) filled (JASO buy, JKS sell).

Edited by explo

I still think this was the bottom in solar. It reminds me of 2011-2012 when this started to happen and everyone was confounded because you couldn't explain the move based on the most recent guidance and industry outlook. Surely enough a few months later it was clear things started to turn and improve.. I've been in with the Solar ETF as I'm not sure yet who will come ahead. 

I cannot think of bottom with Suniva in front of us. CSIQ will only have 2.1gw in third part sales as long as they sell solar plants in H2. This means 3.5b in revenue a drastic drop. 1.55 on my part I is assuming a lot good which may not work.

4 minutes ago, ravalos said:

I still think this was the bottom in solar. It reminds me of 2011-2012 when this started to happen and everyone was confounded because you couldn't explain the move based on the most recent guidance and industry outlook. Surely enough a few months later it was clear things started to turn and improve.. I've been in with the Solar ETF as I'm not sure yet who will come ahead. 

It does seem like all the solar stocks have reached some sort of top valuation with the current "approved" multiples.

119 in Phoenix is national news.  Maybe people putting 2+ 2 together.

I have to wonder if the Saudis aren't dumping money into these stocks.  Be it the sovereign wealth fund or the PIF or just rich Saudi guys.  It seems too coincidental that Jinko bolted higher a while back on volume after 2 Saudi news bits and now with the new prince in line to really blow out solar.... I think the Saudis may be making a play into solar in more ways than just massive solar parks.

What's going on with CSIQ... on fire the  last 2 days 

It is rather funny. We spend days tracking paint dry and when the stock goes up 15% in two days we have no clue. I suppose someone who is buying is seeing something I do not.

I am convinced that some naive people went to buy solar because Trump said to built a wall of solar. I can see short selling unleash hell after momo trades lose the floor.

Roth Capital is holding a two day conference that ends today in London for Cleantech.  I wonder if management reps attending are getting more optimistic?  Hopefully they get more bullish on the sector in the near future. 

Roth has 13 target on CSIQ after Q1 so not sure what is changed.

Streetinsider is confirming Trumps wall as a reason for solar move up why the most stupid thing is responsible for uplift? This industry is hopeless.

2 minutes ago, odyd said:

why the most stupid thing is responsible for uplift? This industry is hopeless.

How true, how true!  But it's still funny when you put it that way.  Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!

5 minutes ago, odyd said:

Streetinsider is confirming Trumps wall as a reason for solar move up why the most stupid thing is responsible for uplift? This industry is hopeless.

Interesting that the cheaper stocks moved the most.  Guess those Trumpers are a little short on money?

This could very well be a market sentiment shift, as a result of Trump's comments, and then due to that momentum shift things begin to improve in a way that it becomes self-reinforcing.. food for thought. It's the LEAST expected thing that turns things around.

Hmm.  If it were to do with the wall, then wouldn't JASO be up too?

Just so ridiculous that this would be a catalyst.  Trump obviously doesn't care about solar.. just trying to get his wall built.

Then again, his logic was like this  "use solar panels to help pay for a wall"... so solar panels can help pay for things?  They aren't an economic drain?

12 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Hmm.  If it were to do with the wall, then wouldn't JASO be up too?

Just so ridiculous that this would be a catalyst.  Trump obviously doesn't care about solar.. just trying to get his wall built.

Then again, his logic was like this  "use solar panels to help pay for a wall"... so solar panels can help pay for things?  They aren't an economic drain?

Yeah, the wall isn't the catalyst.  This move started yesterday.  Streetinsider (and WS in general) always needs to put out something as the reason that's usually not the real reason.  I stick with Saudi buying.  Not buying the wall theory.

Another theory..  I've been watching RUN.  It really started moving a week or so ago with some new markets opening up.  Maybe the sentiment just spread from there:  big new markets, need some panels to go into those markets.  

Hope they put it together & realize they need some polysilicon on those panels for those markets (come on back DQ)

The wall happened yesterday. Selective fee bought and wildfire like news took over today. It the most silly reason. I am going to come like short when my SA article gets published since last two sitting in editorial limbo

CSIQ is now beyond my pt JKS has legs to 22.9

1 minute ago, odyd said:

I am going to come like short when my SA article gets published since last two sitting in editorial limbo

SA needs a "trust" system.. you earn the trust & after a few successful reviews, then you publish articles without review. 

I've read too many SA articles suggesting a long or short to find that the stock has just rocketed or collapsed.

They need certain format which requires recommendation. I also put too much technical data and that puts editors off. You have to make it clear, which frequently means superficial.

36 minutes ago, odyd said:

They need certain format which requires recommendation. I also put too much technical data and that puts editors off. You have to make it clear, which frequently means superficial.

That's not great.   Maybe you could keep your unedited version & send it to us?  I'd rather see the technical data & computations.

I was thinking a bit more how ridiculous a solar wall with Mexico would be.  Panels on the wall?  How well do panels take stones being thrown at them?

I cannot if the article is premium. I use the money made on sa to support the site.