Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

Recommended Posts

Is this Trumps solar wall with Mexico reaction? There will be a lot of bagholders left if the case.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DQ buy filled. JKS sell filled. Reallocation to equal JKS/JASO (resulting in all 4 holdings being equal weighted now) filled (JASO buy, JKS sell).

Edited by explo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think this was the bottom in solar. It reminds me of 2011-2012 when this started to happen and everyone was confounded because you couldn't explain the move based on the most recent guidance and industry outlook. Surely enough a few months later it was clear things started to turn and improve.. I've been in with the Solar ETF as I'm not sure yet who will come ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot think of bottom with Suniva in front of us. CSIQ will only have 2.1gw in third part sales as long as they sell solar plants in H2. This means 3.5b in revenue a drastic drop. 1.55 on my part I is assuming a lot good which may not work.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ravalos said:

I still think this was the bottom in solar. It reminds me of 2011-2012 when this started to happen and everyone was confounded because you couldn't explain the move based on the most recent guidance and industry outlook. Surely enough a few months later it was clear things started to turn and improve.. I've been in with the Solar ETF as I'm not sure yet who will come ahead. 

It does seem like all the solar stocks have reached some sort of top valuation with the current "approved" multiples.

119 in Phoenix is national news.  Maybe people putting 2+ 2 together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to wonder if the Saudis aren't dumping money into these stocks.  Be it the sovereign wealth fund or the PIF or just rich Saudi guys.  It seems too coincidental that Jinko bolted higher a while back on volume after 2 Saudi news bits and now with the new prince in line to really blow out solar.... I think the Saudis may be making a play into solar in more ways than just massive solar parks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What's going on with CSIQ... on fire the  last 2 days 

It is rather funny. We spend days tracking paint dry and when the stock goes up 15% in two days we have no clue. I suppose someone who is buying is seeing something I do not.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am convinced that some naive people went to buy solar because Trump said to built a wall of solar. I can see short selling unleash hell after momo trades lose the floor.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roth Capital is holding a two day conference that ends today in London for Cleantech.  I wonder if management reps attending are getting more optimistic?  Hopefully they get more bullish on the sector in the near future. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roth has 13 target on CSIQ after Q1 so not sure what is changed.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Streetinsider is confirming Trumps wall as a reason for solar move up why the most stupid thing is responsible for uplift? This industry is hopeless.

 

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, odyd said:

why the most stupid thing is responsible for uplift? This industry is hopeless.

How true, how true!  But it's still funny when you put it that way.  Thanks for bringing a smile to my face!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, odyd said:

Streetinsider is confirming Trumps wall as a reason for solar move up why the most stupid thing is responsible for uplift? This industry is hopeless.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Interesting that the cheaper stocks moved the most.  Guess those Trumpers are a little short on money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This could very well be a market sentiment shift, as a result of Trump's comments, and then due to that momentum shift things begin to improve in a way that it becomes self-reinforcing.. food for thought. It's the LEAST expected thing that turns things around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.  If it were to do with the wall, then wouldn't JASO be up too?

Just so ridiculous that this would be a catalyst.  Trump obviously doesn't care about solar.. just trying to get his wall built.

Then again, his logic was like this  "use solar panels to help pay for a wall"... so solar panels can help pay for things?  They aren't an economic drain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Hmm.  If it were to do with the wall, then wouldn't JASO be up too?

Just so ridiculous that this would be a catalyst.  Trump obviously doesn't care about solar.. just trying to get his wall built.

Then again, his logic was like this  "use solar panels to help pay for a wall"... so solar panels can help pay for things?  They aren't an economic drain?

Yeah, the wall isn't the catalyst.  This move started yesterday.  Streetinsider (and WS in general) always needs to put out something as the reason that's usually not the real reason.  I stick with Saudi buying.  Not buying the wall theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another theory..  I've been watching RUN.  It really started moving a week or so ago with some new markets opening up.  Maybe the sentiment just spread from there:  big new markets, need some panels to go into those markets.  

Hope they put it together & realize they need some polysilicon on those panels for those markets (come on back DQ)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wall happened yesterday. Selective fee bought and wildfire like news took over today. It the most silly reason. I am going to come like short when my SA article gets published since last two sitting in editorial limbo

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CSIQ is now beyond my pt JKS has legs to 22.9

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, odyd said:

I am going to come like short when my SA article gets published since last two sitting in editorial limbo
 

SA needs a "trust" system.. you earn the trust & after a few successful reviews, then you publish articles without review. 

I've read too many SA articles suggesting a long or short to find that the stock has just rocketed or collapsed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need certain format which requires recommendation. I also put too much technical data and that puts editors off. You have to make it clear, which frequently means superficial.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, odyd said:

They need certain format which requires recommendation. I also put too much technical data and that puts editors off. You have to make it clear, which frequently means superficial.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

That's not great.   Maybe you could keep your unedited version & send it to us?  I'd rather see the technical data & computations.

I was thinking a bit more how ridiculous a solar wall with Mexico would be.  Panels on the wall?  How well do panels take stones being thrown at them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot if the article is premium. I use the money made on sa to support the site.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Donate

    Please donate to support this community. We appreciate all donations!

    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      32
    • Total Posts
      92,717
  • Who's Online (See full list)



×
×
  • Create New...