Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

It does not make me feel any better, TSL has stank the air with China glut, and lower module shipment for second part of the year, mean too much for the sellers.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, odyd said:

TSL has stank the air with China glut, and lower module shipment for second part of the year, mean too much for the sellers.

I cannot see the same on JKS guidance.. their shipments guidance for 2016 is 6.5 GW, and they always underestimates..

Rest of the year (6.5 - 1.6) / 3 = 1.63 GW, a slight shipment increase even underestimating..

I try to stay on focus:

JKS Q1 revenues.. $848 million, gross  margin +21.3%

Mkt. cap: $684 million

..this nonsense can not be sustained for long

Dan , they are saying 5.7gw tp and they are shipping 3.3gw tp in h1. 2.4gw tp in h2. They never delivered 800mw in installs. 2014 500, same for 2015, this is below 600 as a low end of the guidance each year, this is where the selling is probably happening. Trina called it, jks did not.

I still own it as on those they should do 5.05 per share,

OK, thanks for the clarification.. I can understand the whole picture now.

I hope this issue be already factored into the ultra-low share price of JKS..

I think that jks can also move the balance of the guidance to third party. Same as Trina suggests. In this case they could earn more. They need sell more outside of China, it hurts their financials having high AR.

Things are getting stupid now.

1 minute ago, pg6solar said:

I'm patiently waiting for June 22nd and especially the last week of July.

Please expound the significance to those dates? Thanks.

10 minutes ago, lepv123 said:

Please expound the significance to those dates? Thanks.

Inside joke w.r.t. explo's travel schedule and markets always crashing when he goes on vacation.

Just now, disdaniel said:

Inside joke w.r.t. explo's travel schedule and markets always crashing when he goes on vacation.

oh ok. thanks. Have not been here for a while. Did sneak in a buy on JKS at $21.44. Hopefully this will bounce back in the $22s soon.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I cannot see the same on JKS guidance.. their shipments guidance for 2016 is 6.5 GW, and they always underestimates..

Rest of the year (6.5 - 1.6) / 3 = 1.63 GW, a slight shipment increase even underestimating..

I try to stay on focus:

JKS Q1 earnings.. $848 million, gross  margin +21.3%

Mkt. cap: $684 million

..this nonsense can not be sustained for long

Wow, I was amazed when I thought I saw that JKS Q1 earnings was higher than its market cap.

Further checking found that $848 million was the revenues.  Q1 earning was $64.3 million Non-Gap.  That is still very good (10% of market cap).  That means if they keep up with this rate, in 2 and half years (10 quarters), the earnings alone pay for the company.

23 hours ago, Jetmoney said:

Wow, I was amazed when I thought I saw that JKS Q1 earnings was higher than its market cap.

Further checking found that $848 million was the revenues.  Q1 earning was $64.3 million Non-Gap.  That is still very good (10% of market cap).  That means if they keep up with this rate, in 2 and half years (10 quarters), the earnings alone pay for the company.

Yep, revenues i meant to say, sorry.. With 1 quarter revenues, you can buy the entire company and still have money left..

"According to Development and Reform Commission issued a notice, the benchmark price of PV 2016 Resource Area Class I adjusted to 0.80 yuan, II class resource area 0.88 yuan, III class resource area 0.98 yuan, significantly lower than previously circulated draft of the standard price."

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://guangfu.bjx.com.cn/news/20160531/738170.shtml&usg=ALkJrhhbvAGhj8UhkZFu8jYFBuTIQ1Dq0w

Could be reason for the pressure on JKS. 

JKS pressure is probably coming from the shift in the seasonality. 3.2GW in H1 and only 2.5GW sold in H2. The fact that big part of their guidance, 800MW is the plant build, people are probably expecting silence adjustment in volume, and maybe not meeting the guidance. Even as the company can make well over $5 per share selling 5.7GW and at 7.75PE can be around $40 per share, it does not matter anymore, hopefully just for now, until logic comes back.

China's NDRC order grid operators to purchase curtailed solar power in congested regions

http://m.pv-magazine.com/news/details/beitrag/chinas-ndrc-order-grid-operators-to-purchase-curtailed-solar-power-in-congested-regions_100024816/#ixzz4AKpjF4Bt

"According to JinkoSolar CEO Chen Kangping, the requirement passed down by the NDRC will offer strong support for the country’s PV industry, telling Bloomberg that "guaranteed utilization hours are satisfying enough to ensure stable return from profits".

19 hours ago, explo said:

JASO buy filled.

Explo, JASO and TSL are about the same price.  Why do you like JASO better than TSL?  I can't really see your % holding.  Do you have about equal allocation between JASO and TSL?

Switched all my FSLR to JKS this morning @ 21.19 average.  

I think this is good move,

8 minutes ago, Jetmoney said:

Explo, JASO and TSL are about the same price.  Why do you like JASO better than TSL?  I can't really see your % holding.  Do you have about equal allocation between JASO and TSL?

Look at Odyd's estimates on page 1334. JA is to earn 50% more than TSL and should have a 50% higher PPS, but...unlikely to happen as privatization offer seems to put a lid on JA (and TSL as well). Per that same estimates, JKS is the only buy even at current PPS...that is IF market does not correct this summer.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, odyd said:

I think this is good move,

I haven't owned JKS for a long time, but I feel this level is very sweet considering what they just delivered last Q.  Their PE is ultra low at the same time they are delivering Monster Q's.  Seems like China has taken a step in right direction for curtailment and hopefully FIT issues with PV magazine article out today.  This seems like a no brainer.  On top of that when I see very smart minds pounding the table here on JKS that further strengthens my conviction.

19 minutes ago, Jetmoney said:

Pop, where do you see the next support for JKS?

Support or resistance, because it is putting in a nice reversal today which sets up for a big move with little to no overhead resistance.

5 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

Look at Odyd's estimates on page 1334. JA is to earn 50% more than TSL and should have a 50% higher PPS, but...unlikely to happen as privatization offer seems to put a lid on JA (and TSL as well). Per that same estimates, JKS is the only buy even at current PPS...that is IF market does not correct this summer.

How did I miss Odyd's estimates?  Was this posted recently?  I cannot seem to find it.  Can you please post a link to his estimates?  Thank you much.

5 minutes ago, Pop2mollys said:

Support or resistance, because it is putting in a nice reversal today which sets up for a big move with little to no overhead resistance.

Yes, it would be great if it can close green today signal strong reversal.  Good job switching to JKS although FSLR is starting to show some sign of life.