Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

I hope jks will word their move away from China by attraction to global projects and ability to bid with low costs. Sooner or later non payment on fit would catch up . I am surprised TSL is still going with 500mw.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

This is the update for the Q1 results,

It looks like both JKS and JA look attractive, I think JA is a no go and even at dramatic reduction of expectations JKS is a high flier. CSIQ differentiation is only in its global plant business. Financial results see not much of it (as they are ahead not in the past)

I think I have all data correct, estimates are mine. 

2016 Q1 Results.png

@pg6solar I am thinking about it. It would be nice to react to this at $35-$40 or something in line. I hope it can get sector a boost.

I always hope for the best, however I am so cautious these days...   my caution is that S&P only gives solars a 5x multiple

"12-month target price of $27 is based on a peer-discount P/E of 4.9X our '17 earnings per " (for JKS)

also the US GDP came in lower than expected at 0.8

also the election year causes uncertainty

also TSL pissed in the punch bowl

also JKS (while great quarter) only confirmed previous 2016 guidence

also this is a 3 day holiday in the US, people tend to not hold thru them as much

so I sold off some of my holdings to see how things shake out

Yes, S&P's PT of $27 for JKS is disappointing, Almost makes TSL a better (than JKS) buy, if one believes in S&P's PT of $12 for TSL. They assign PE of only under 5 for JKS, but almost 8 for TSL. So a PE in between the previous two numbers for JKS, should get it to $36 (still "only" 50% from now, but so is most likely both FSLR and CSIQ - both are getting much higher PE, understandably so since both are global focused instead of mostly CN).

6 minutes ago, pg6solar said:

They;re enticing you to switch some com CSIQ to JKS.

They did good job, I got some

10 minutes ago, sac_solar said:

buying now some JKS

welcome to the club.

Market is crushing JKS right now, but I think it will bounce back soon.. and strong.

Odd reaction, wonder if the market is worried about a solar slowdown in china?  (not saying it should necessarily be worried)

Did JKS, CSIQ and others comment or note on cc module demand/market share in china in line with past?

The lack of china build-out by CN4 solars is one concern--which can be easily explained logically if they are not being paid why build?--but if china demand is good relative to major markets/ROW (others are building there) then I would see not building as just a protest about FIT, not a concern about market.

DB upgrade VSLR, stock up 35%.

And downgraded TSL, makes a lot of sense

Both JASO and JKS reported decent earnings and both down 2.8%.  That is with the market up.  Wonder what happens when market is down.  Market is not warming up to solar.

JKS SP the last few days acted like market expected higher earning.  It had held up well while others dropped a lot.

So, even at this price, JKS is still $3.5 higher than CSIQ.  Be careful of catching the falling knife.  Market may have a small correction coming.  Good luck.

wow,  another buy order got filled at 22.4 for JKS

and another at 22.2 .....

Pace yourself. There isn't a need to rush into buying and overbought stock that doesn't have a clear catalyst for moving up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im taking small bites here on JKS, however it went from 0 to my biggest holdings now,  I can feel the cuts of the falling knife.   I feel there is support at 20, I can tolerate another 10% down if it happens.  this should easily reach the $27 target at only 5x  future EPS.  my average is now 22.38

I have relocated a lot of my gains from csiq to jks today. I find market being wrong on this one.

Weak hands clearing out soon.   Improving margins coming with higher US orders as we progress through the year.  JKS is well positioned....