Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

8 minutes ago, explo said:

CSIQ is fun to hold on the bounce.

TERP and GLBL ain't bad either (as usual market/sector bounce or not). Sell order filled on TERP.

1 hour ago, explo said:

CSIQ is fun to hold on the bounce.

Yes, indeed. Sold part of CSIQ and moved  to Tsl. It might be a good day to go on margins on this lagger with tight stop for day trade.

Solar stocks (mostly) went in the right direction today, although one might wish for bigger gains after the past couple weeks selloff.  It is nice to simply not have everything I own plummeting for a change.

Nikkei up 5%... tomorrow should be a good day.  Still wary though, beyond measure... once the S&P gets near 50 RSI, a ways off still, i'm taking my 401k out of the market again.

Just now, bodhi said:

Nikkei up 5%... tomorrow should be a good day.  Still wary though, beyond measure... once the S&P gets near 50 RSI, a ways off still, i'm taking my 401k out of the market again.

Oil up almost 3% too.  Giddy up...

actually i am a little disappointed in the move so far, given how far oil has bounced I was expecting a little more umph and follow through--that said rome wasn't built in a day and all that, so back to being quiet...and waiting for the umph and follow through

For me, Barclays killed my party. After 42% price decline, it sounds funny. At this point, I would argue, even a dividend cut is priced in. But what do I know.

GLBL did not give into it, TERP lost 10% on BoA downgrade. I see it is getting green now as well.

13 hours ago, Scsnospam said:

And CSIQ the worst. What gives? Market does not expect a good qtr i guess. 

Market does not expect a good 2016 I think. 2015Q4 will still be Ontario (their source of profits past 3 years) tap, so that's no problem. What comes after that, in terms of profit printing, is what the market is likely uncertain about.

3 hours ago, explo said:

Market does not expect a good 2016 I think. 2015Q4 will still be Ontario (their source of profits past 3 years) tap, so that's no problem. What comes after that, in terms of profit printing, is what the market is likely uncertain about.

Explo, what does the market expect of JKS? According to yahoo, it's 4.61 EPS. Is that pretty accurate? Thanks.

36 minutes ago, lepv123 said:

Explo, what does the market expect of JKS? According to yahoo, it's 4.61 EPS. Is that pretty accurate? Thanks.

The estimate looks quite high, but it's ok at this PPS I think. Market is no longer pricing it on a bloated estimate. Key will be how they move foward financially structure wise now that Power has delivered the connection it had funding for. How will future growth be funded? Can they get out ahead of the CDB deal through a successful Power IPO?

1 hour ago, explo said:

The estimate looks quite high, but it's ok at this PPS I think. Market is no longer pricing it on a bloated estimate. Key will be how they move foward financially structure wise now that Power has delivered the connection it had funding for. How will future growth be funded? Can they get out ahead of the CDB deal through a successful Power IPO?

Thanks Explo! So what is your selling target on JKS? Hope to get out around $23 level, then I will re-enter TERP. Hopefully, TERP will achieve odyd's target of $25.

2 minutes ago, lepv123 said:

Thanks Explo! So what is your selling target on JKS? Hope to get out around $23 level, then I will re-enter TERP. Hopefully, TERP will achieve odyd's target of $25.

No specific selling target. I don't view stocks in isolation. I overweight those that I find cheap relative to others.