Sign in to follow this  
dydo

Trading Solars

Happy New Year and have a great investment returns in 2016,

I hope that more people will share more views, opinions in the new year.

Make our forum true leader of solar investing

• Upvote 2

A new year a new portfolio. I added a section with my portfolio performance stats as backdrop to the new asset allocation strategy I'm implementing in the "About Me" tab in my profile. Hopefully the new more boring strategy will perform better on both risk and reward.

this lawyering is going too far. Now they are investigating Jinko for departure of officer and drop in stock price.

Thank you Jet, but this year has already turned horrible. My pet dog of over 11 years, Alex, had got violently ill on Saturday night and in the morning based on his state we had to put him to sleep.  I am shock how quickly his life went out, and myself and my family we are devastated. I went online today just to take my mind off the pain.

I am sorry to all members for writing the personal story here, accept my apologies, but for some reason it feels right to share....

Thank you Jet, but this year has already turned horrible. My pet dog of over 11 years, Alex, had got violently ill on Saturday night and in the morning based on his state we had to put him to sleep.  I am shock how quickly his life went out, and myself and my family we are devastated. I went online today just to take my mind off the pain.

I am sorry to all members for writing the personal story here, accept my apologies, but for some reason it feels right to share....

Very sorry for your loss.

We are a multi dog household, so i fully understand and empathize with your emotions over this.

Hang in there.

• Upvote 1

Very sorry the hear this Odyd, it is a very difficult time. Try to treasure the memories.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, odyd said:

Sorry for your loss, Odyd.  I hope you feel at peace with it soon.

11 yr old dog is very old and he had lived a good life (knowing how you treasured him).  I know it might be hard to replace him but, perhaps you may start with another puppy to lessen the pain?

• Upvote 1

He was big breed so his age was about a middle of the average or so. He had a good life, that's true, we all love him and this is why we are so destroyed by his loss. He went very quickly too, so it shocked us as we were not prepared at all.

We are not ready for a puppy. We need to heal first and that will take time. Those 11 years were years of responsibility and carrying, and I need to be 100% sure that I can offer the same again, while this, what we experience now, is part of falling in love with your pet.

Thank you all or you kind words. I am sorry again for this subject. However, we grew through years and I consider you all as friends and sharing is part of healing.

Thank you

I'm so sorry for your loss odyd.  I feel your pain and have been there with a couple dogs growing up.  Live  in NYC and makes it hard for dogs but we ended up getting two kittens 7 years ago. Always hated cats and now they are like my kids.  I have always been way too emotionally attached to my pets, it's almost scary.  I think getting a new puppy is truly best way to move on and honor their memory with new life.  My last dog, a golden retriever who was really became my parents dog when I moved passed away and my parents were devastated.  They got a black lab puppy week later and they went from crying to laughing instantly.  The memory will always remain and you can give your love to a new pup.

• Upvote 1

I, too, am very sorry to hear your news, Odyd.  Without launching into a sad story of my own, let me just say I know exactly how you feel, having been through the same ordeal a little over a year ago.  If it's any consolation, know that the pain will eventually ease, but the good memories will last the rest of your life.

We're all here for you.  Know that you're not alone.

• Upvote 1

On December 25, 2015 at 10:22 PM, bodhi said:

FYI, sold my Canadian today... RSI just too toasty to resist selling.  Looking to add back in the 27's sometime soon... the trend channel on CSIQ looks very clear to me right now.. will also wait for a cooler RSI, say the high 50s, i'm guessing the two will coincide... the other thing that looks apparent, before march we're heading to a $35-36 target

I bought the fear today. My criteria above were both met. Wish I would've set a buy order at 27.50 on a GTC basis, instead my new avg is around 28. 

Remember The good times Robert, sorry for your loss.

3 minutes ago, bodhi said:

I bought the fear today. My criteria above were both met. Wish I would've set a buy order at 27.50 on a GTC basis, instead my new avg is around 28. 

Nice call on channel play.  How do you feel about the at the market offering for CSIQ?

5 minutes ago, Pop2mollys said:

Nice call on channel play.  How do you feel about the at the market offering for CSIQ?

No feelings really... No time or date was specified, so to me it looks like they will tap the markets on a need be basis. At 100 million, that means A maximum of 3.5 million shares that could perhaps be spaced throughout the year… This equals what, a dilution of maximum 7%. With money used to pay for projects?

i'm good with it

On December 25, 2015 at 10:22 PM, bodhi said: FYI, sold my Canadian today... RSI just too toasty to resist selling.  Looking to add back in the 27's sometime soon... the trend channel on CSIQ looks very clear to me right now.. will also wait for a cooler RSI, say the high 50s, i'm guessing the two will coincide... the other thing that looks apparent, before march we're heading to a $35-36 target

I was setting a buy order at $27.5 but never git filled. Good to buy at this level. What is the RSI now? Could you post link to check this? Thanks.

A FSLR and SPWR green day should show you how solars are planning to start the year (first couple of months).  For CSIQ, what i'm envisioning is topping out at the 35-36 mark within in the next couple of months.  Over the last 2 years the cycles have gone in 9 month swings, we're currently near the end of month 7 right now, so i'd say head for the fences in early-mid february.

right around the time it's usually prudent to sit on the sidelines any way for seasonal blues....

that's my gameplan, and i'm sticking to it.

10 hours ago, bodhi said:

A FSLR and SPWR green day should show you how solars are planning to start the year (first couple of months).  For CSIQ, what i'm envisioning is topping out at the 35-36 mark within in the next couple of months.  Over the last 2 years the cycles have gone in 9 month swings, we're currently near the end of month 7 right now, so i'd say head for the fences in early-mid february.

right around the time it's usually prudent to sit on the sidelines any way for seasonal blues....

that's my gameplan, and i'm sticking to it.

CN4 cycles past 2 years:

http://www.google.com/finance?chdnp=1&chdd=1&chds=1&chdv=1&chvs=maximized&chdeh=0&chfdeh=0&chdet=1451994193812&chddm=197064&chls=IntervalBasedLine&cmpto=NASDAQ:CSIQ;NYSE:JKS;NYSE:TSL&cmptdms=0;0;0&q=NASDAQ:JASO&ntsp=0&fct=big&ei=IKyLVrnwDNbrsAGquIjwDg

CN3 has yet to overshoot JASO at this point of the cycle I think.