22 minutes ago, MVA said:

Wow, 5 years... Imagine how many times you could get in and out with 100% profits in almost every solar stock for this period... Solars is a commodity business, and as every commodity business it is cyclical - supply & demand rules the show. You should have invested in FB in 2012 at 18 usd/share :-)

I dunno.  I seem to do the opposite when I fiddle. Case in point.  Sold FSLR today at 64.25, 65.29, and last half at 67.39.  who knows if we so those levels again. Plus, all the time wasted fiddling.

• Like 1

Jinko up another 8% with volume at the moment?  Of course it is!  Hey, I'll take it.  Cutting my losses.  

So CSIQ isn't Chinese enough to warrant the JKS treatment and they're not American enough to warrant FSLR treatment.  Which I guess does actually make them Canadian afterall and this is the Canuck treatment.   Can't you rally some troops, Robert? :) . 

I know, I know.  When they get the sales complete and in the bank.  I guess.

37 minutes ago, Mark said:

So CSIQ isn't Chinese enough to warrant the JKS treatment and they're not American enough to warrant FSLR treatment.  Which I guess does actually make them Canadian afterall and this is the Canuck treatment.   Can't you rally some troops, Robert? :) . 

40 minutes ago, Mark said:

It could be nothing will change it. 

This might not seem directly related to Solar but I think it might have an impact on growth.

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/bitcoin-uses-more-energy-than-ireland#gs.OgY7Mf4

It mentions the Bitcoin network using as much energy as the entire nation of Ireland. Furthermore, other Currencies such as Ethereum, Litecoin etc are also demanding huge amounts of electricity.

If the Blockchain is widely adopted it will mean a considerable increase of electricity demand worldwide, and this new demand will be satisfied by the cheapest source available, i.e. Solar PV.

Blockchain+ Electric Transport= Huge Growth of Electricity Demand= Huge Growth of PV?

Last year, new Installed Solar PV capacity grew by 50%. If this growth was to remain stable, by 2030 the world would have a total of 23,800 GW of Solar PV Capacity and Solar would likely be the leading source of energy production.

Do you think such a revolution is possible or should I lay of the grass??

Edited by tupapa

I have distinctive feeling watching tape CSIQ could become market's new JASO.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, tupapa said:

This might not seem directly related to Solar but I think it might have an impact on growth.

https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/bitcoin-uses-more-energy-than-ireland#gs.OgY7Mf4

Honestly, as a technology, I'm disgusted by my fellow programmers that get excited by bitcoin.  The first moment I heard about it & the fact that one must "mine" coins.. I immediately thought.  What a waste of energy that is.  I imagined all this technology secretly powered by coal.  A lot of friends made a lot of money.  One friend, already rich from Google, made even more on bitcoin.  Not a single care about the cost of it all.  Worthless crap I call it.  Just put it on a server & be done with it.  (which is basically what has happened anyways.  Bitcoin can't keep up with the transaction speed, so coinbase does a lot of the processing before it makes large transactions on the blockchain)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dydo said:

I have distinctive feeling watching tape CSIQ could become market's new JASO.

I think the market is simply conserving cash & will buy in later in the quarter -- after new tax bill & ITC conclusion.

Also I think this is why events like "solar wall" cause bull runs.  Because most people know which stock they want & are monitoring it.  If something causes shares to spike for any reason, those watchers jump in.

Edited by sunnypease

3 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

Honestly, as a technology, I'm disgusted by my fellow programmers that get excited by bitcoin.  The first moment I heard about it & the fact that one must "mine" coins.. I immediately thought.  What a waste of energy that is.  I imagined all this technology secretly powered by coal.  A lot of friends made a lot of money.  One friend, already rich from Google, made even more on bitcoin.  Not a single care about the cost of it all.  Worthless crap I call it.  Just put it on a server & be done with it.  (which is basically what has happened anyways.  Bitcoin can't keep up with the transaction speed, so coinbase does a lot of the processing before it makes large transactions on the blockchain)

Yep.  What you said.  I have a buddy gloating about his $50 that's now worth $1,200 or whatever and I keep telling him to take half off the table, but noooooo.  I'm sick to death of hearing about bitcoin.