12 minutes ago, Jetmoney said:

So, JKS will report earning before market opens tomorrow.  Consensus is for $0.17 this past quarter.  Any guess of whether JKS will beat?  and what happens to the stock price tomorrow?

I'm thinking a miss or inline at best with a resulting whack to the stock.

1 minute ago, Mark said:

I'm thinking a miss or inline at best with a resulting whack to the stock.

Thank you.  I have a couple of orders near $22 and $20, if it gets there.   I don't wish it but if it gets there, I will get a few shares.

As Dydo said, now that TSL and JASO went private, CN4 becomes CN2.  So, JKS and CSIQ should get more recognized.  Is there a chance of JKS going private also?

1 minute ago, Jetmoney said:

Thank you.  I have a couple of orders near $22 and $20, if it gets there.   I don't wish it but if it gets there, I will get a few shares.

As Dydo said, now that TSL and JASO went private, CN4 becomes CN2.  So, JKS and CSIQ should get more recognized.  Is there a chance of JKS going private also?

I hope so, but think they'd stink up a few quarters before going private.  I have some shares as long-term hold.  Kinda wish I didn't now, but I do.

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

I hope so, but think they'd stink up a few quarters before going private.  I have some shares as long-term hold.  Kinda wish I didn't now, but I do.

You never know.  JKS might pop tomorrow if there are some good news.  It has already dropped quite a bit from the high of $30.  Good luck.

• Like 1

Is there a potential to lose money? I guess JKS new shareholders do not mind. The company may go private, someone is buying a lot of it, the price is rather strong. All the best for all who are holding. 

15 minutes ago, dydo said:

Is there a potential to lose money? I guess JKS new shareholders do not mind. The company may go private, someone is buying a lot of it, the price is rather strong. All the best for all who are holding. 

Robert, do you think Canadian solar can go private also? And if yes, at what price? I think, after selling all their projects, book value is going to be 24-26 usd/share... But, being headquartered in Canada and having project development arm in USA (Recurrent), I personally doubt they will go private...

5 minutes ago, MVA said:

Robert, do you think Canadian solar can go private also? And if yes, at what price? I think, after selling all their projects, book value is going to be 24-26 usd/share... But, being headquartered in Canada and having project development arm in USA (Recurrent), I personally doubt they will go private...

I doubt they would. CSIQ has created a strong network of lenders and will have the relatively high amount of cash. I do not see the benefit of going private here. JKS is a different story. It is a lot more "Chinese" organization and could find attraction in moving back home for future listing. Shawn Qu has no interest in such a listing. 

NPE has a powerful comeback. I bet tax equity is not a problem for them, serving NEE. I also imagine that wind credits will not change with Senate plan. Strong sponsor in action. CAFD not so much.

FSLR is so awesome.  When one thinks it expensive, it keeps going.  It seems that there are a lot of momentum players in the market.  The stocks always seem to overshoot and undershoot.  I need to adjust to this mentality to make good money.

So, DQ just overshot to above $58.  Now, it pulls back below $46.  I don't say that it will, but am not surprise if it goes to $40 or below when it undershoots.  I might consider getting some DQ under $40, if it gets there.