My industry contact believes the impacts were unintended. Since they are going into committee meetings to smooth difference between two bills likely exemptions will be seen. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dydo said:

My industry contact believes the impacts were unintended. Since they are going into committee meetings to smooth difference between two bills likely exemptions will be seen. 

From all I read last night, I tend to agree.  This admin can't be so evil as to put tariffs on panels and then pile on with BEAT can they?  ;)  CAN THEY?!  Hopefully we bounce here and tread water until this has some resolution.  

1 hour ago, Mark said:

From all I read last night, I tend to agree.  This admin can't be so evil as to put tariffs on panels and then pile on with BEAT can they?  ;)  CAN THEY?!  Hopefully we bounce here and tread water until this has some resolution.  

I wish I were as hopeful.  These people are not rational decision-makers.  They are populists, meaning they want to enact what sounds good in a 30-second soundbite to about 30% of uneducated, angry Americans, because they think those 30% will re-elect them.  They simply do not care about unintended consequences.

Perhaps there will be a few rational people in the room.  But it remains to be seen if they can influence the outcome.

2 hours ago, solarpete said:

I wish I were as hopeful.  These people are not rational decision-makers.  They are populists, meaning they want to enact what sounds good in a 30-second soundbite to about 30% of uneducated, angry Americans, because they think those 30% will re-elect them.  They simply do not care about unintended consequences.

Perhaps there will be a few rational people in the room.  But it remains to be seen if they can influence the outcome.

Yes but 8 Republican Senators hail from the largest wind states.

Edited by sunnypease

2 hours ago, sunnypease said:

Yes but 8 Republican Senators hail from the largest wind states.

And all 8 already voted for this provision once.

Was it because they didn't realize that provision was in there?  Maybe.  But an equally, if not more likely scenario is they do know, and while it may irk them somewhat, it's not enough to cause them to vote no on the entire bill.

12 hours ago, solarpete said:

And all 8 already voted for this provision once.

Was it because they didn't realize that provision was in there?  Maybe.  But an equally, if not more likely scenario is they do know, and while it may irk them somewhat, it's not enough to cause them to vote no on the entire bill.

I think they were in this time frame deadline, feeling like the world was watching.  hammering out the details was for the next step.  Unfortunately for these guys renewables are in the details & not the main show.  There is a big interest in renewables in the US.  The media just needs to stop talking about who is groping who and start talking about the current threat to renewable energy funding.

Edited by sunnypease

I got kicked out this morning from CGNX. Lost a chunk. Got some defensive SEP now. I have lost few bucks this week. Frustrated a lot. 

So, JKS will report earning before market opens tomorrow.  Consensus is for $0.17 this past quarter.  Any guess of whether JKS will beat?  and what happens to the stock price tomorrow?