5 hours ago, sunnypease said:

Droughts killing crops.  Wildfires burning down some of the most expensive real estate in the US.  Flooding in major cities.  Hurricanes leveling entire states (PR).  Even earthquakes linked to climate change.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll see an awakening & a rapid move towards PV & then JKS could see enough demand to boost that stock price back up.

Probably not though.  The essential problem with human hierarchical leadership is that leaders are insulated from problems.    Anyways.. I digress.

Sadly, you're dreaming.  Saw an interview with the head of Murray Energy on the PBS News Hour yesterday (the only US news show worth watching, as they actually ask a question and let the guest answer, instead of interjecting their own opinion 10 seconds into the reply).  He claims the Earth has been cooling for the past 19 years now.  Guess he's missed the headlines of the past what?  4 or 5 years in a row now, proclaiming each year to be the hottest on record.  He's also mad that people are making money off of trying to adapt to climate change.  This from the CEO of a company that makes money off of denying it.

These are the people that have the ears of US politicians.  Until those politicians are either replaced or start listening to real, not alternative, facts, things will get worse, not better.

My 2 cents' worth of advice:  don't invest in any energy names for the long term, unless you're willing to hold for decades.  Too much uncertainty.  But that doesn't mean there isn't money to be made in the energy space.  Use the volatility to generate gains.  Just be sure to clearly differentiate your trading from your investing strategy.

The action appears to be a death by a dripping faucet. 

3 hours ago, dydo said:

The action appears to be a death by a dripping faucet. 

solars need some sort of positive story.   To summarize what drove the stocks this year it was:  "solars are still making money"  "china is installing record amounts of solar"  then  "201 creates demand" which was then extended to "201 boosts system prices" and "201 will make a FSLR monopoly".  

And so here we are.  The new story is "government loves coal. for real" and looming is "government wants to kill renewables"  Even PEGI was down today.  

No wonder we can't make progress.

So hopefully that fades & we get back to some more record numbers of solar, hopefully some good news about selling CSIQ plants and the JREIT IPO on tap can help.  FSLR probably had a good quarter given that they sold Indian plants as well as California Flats.  

This Trump using executive order to cancel parts of Obamacare I think is going to rattle the markets. 

Democrats will be furious & tax deals put off.

I wonder if that artificial pressure on CSIQ is going to end with update in November or will it take the balance sheet update to take for the folks understand the shift?

drip drip...

Any actual news for today's weakness?

Robert, maybe if you publish some price targets.  That seemed to work last time.  

18 minutes ago, sunnypease said:

drip drip...

Any actual news for today's weakness?

Robert, maybe if you publish some price targets.  That seemed to work last time.  

General Wall Street shenanigans considering all I see is good news, with CSIQ landing more projects and FSLR having a positive article.  https://www.dailysabah.com/energy/2017/10/17/turkish-energy-firm-to-form-partnership-with-us-solar-panel-manufacturer

Hanwha has entered Turkey and so did Sunergy, another location needing local content. FSLR expanding is an important part of their growth outside the US. 

It is going to be interesting how the market is going to react to all those CSIQ plant sales. It will be more important for investors to see how balance sheet looks like after major sale happens. I think most know those sales are coming, including sale side. I guess they have a choice as always to work the stock and hope it will not go up before they can sell it. 

I think at the end of the day when all is said and done, CSIQ will increase its equity via retained earnings which should double in my view (over $600M), to about $1.2 to $1.3B for equity. will get about $800M in cash, to bring the same amount $1.3B in total not counting restricted, with it $1.7B. All by lowering the debt by $1.3B.

Those are big changes. Having stock stay in the same place seems unlikely and should drive the share price up. I think since most know it, only confused frustrated or those who need cash sell now.

• Like 2